Dream Theater LA show 08/29

metalhead_85

Headbanger
May 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
www.myspace.com
I did this show as a photographer and had a total fuckin blast!! :Smokin::Smokin::headbang::headbang:

Full review coming up very soon.

Here are the best pics that I shot :
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...iewPicture&friendID=415714183&albumId=1410305

Set list :

1. A Nightmare To Remember
2. A Rite Of Passage
3. Guitar Solo
4. Hollow Years
5. Prophets Of War
6. Solitary Shell
7. Keyboard Solo
8. Beyond This Life
9. Drum Jam with drummers from all opening bands
10.Guitar Jam with Steve Vai and Dweezil Zappa
11.The Count Of Tuscany

Awe crap! I knew there was a concert I was supposed to go to last night. I totally forgot! Damn dude! I was busy drinking cocktails and trippin out on the fires.

Why is the setlist so short? How was Portnoy?

You ever hear Transatlantic's album, Bridge Across Forever? Incredible!

Awe crap! I knew there was a concert I was supposed to go to last night. I totally forgot! Damn dude! I was busy drinking cocktails and trippin out on the fires.

Why is the setlist so short? How was Portnoy?

You ever hear Transatlantic's album, Bridge Across Forever? Incredible!

Portnoy was fuckin amazing .. it was my first time seeing Dream Theater and I've seldom seen better drummers than him. I've definitely not seen a bigger drum kit than his!

Set list looks short but those jams and solos were pretty long. People complain all the time about these and say that the band should play songs instead. Not me, I appreciate the solos equally.

I've not heard Transatlantic. Thanks for the suggestion \m/

I've seen Dream Theater. Portnoy rules!

Transtlantic is a Progressive Powerhouse. Mike Portnoy on drums, Roine Stoit on guitar from the Flower Kings, Pete Trewevas on bass from Marillion and Neal Morse on vocals from Spock's Beard.

Bridge Across Forever is highly recommended. Very long song songs so only 4 songs on the album.

Now check this out: Neal Morse leaves Spock's Beard to go solo and play Christian rock. I know, crazy right? It turns out, his Christian rock is amazing, especially his first album! Who is on drums, none other than the Jew, Mike Portnoy. I am not a fan of Christianity at all, but the Neal Morse album, Testimony, is a masterpiece! Portnoy shreds over the entire album, and maybe his best work ever. It's not dogmatic. Give it a whirl.