Dream Theater setlist - First show with Mike Mangini

These Walls, Peruvian Skies, The Great Debate... very interesting and rare choices indeed, I wonder if they're continuing with a static setlist or changing it up all the time like Portnoy did?

Just got back from the Leeds show and they were amazing. A truly great show from a truly great band. Mike Mangini fits right in - his energy is just unbelievable.

Very good show in Wolverhampton on Saturday.....great to hear The Count of Tuscany too. Can't say I'm overly impressed with the new tune but I will reserve judgmemt til I hear the album.

Very impressed with Mike Mangini but can't help but feel the personality of the band left with MP unfortunately

I have to disagree with this, I thought Mangini had a great energy about him and the other guys were all on top form. The new song is definitely a grower.

I didn't mean lacks energy....DT have never been the most "entertaining" of bands from a performance point of view......and that's where Portnoy brought something extra.

Thoroughly impressed with Mike Mangini though.....technically amazing and seemed genuinely gobsmacked by the reaction from the crowd when he was introduced.

Of course, I will still be buying the new record when it comes out :)

I had mixed feelings about DT's set at High Voltage. The band were in top form, but something that really annoyed me was that they started with an uptempo song (Under a Glass Moon) then followed it with 3 slow songs, then the drum solo and the Ytse Jam, then another slow song. I was particularly irritated when I heard Endless Whining from the Train of Thought album. The pace did pick up near the end but they could have done a better job with the running order. When things did get going though there was plenty of energy about them, and I did like the new song.

The only part I didn't enjoy so much was The Great Debate. I've never liked that song and even live it almost sent me to sleep... The last four tracks though were spectacular.

Love The Great Debate, surprised to hear they played that!

Quite enjoyed DT's show at High Voltage. Shame the best song of the set was the opener, really! Very impressed with the accuracy of these guys every time. Interesting that they were chosen to headline an open air environment, though...perhaps would have been better to get a more energetic "party" band.