Dreaming Neon Black (the song)

soundgarden

I know how to be cool !
Oct 25, 2004
New York City
A friend of mine recently gave me Dreaming Neon Black and No More Will. The first listen I was instantly hooked. I liked the mellow, dark, mesmerizing, simple yet so unbelievably emotional aspects of these songs. I never thought I would hear something so heartfilled since metallica's Fade to Black. I especially love when the woman starts singing around 3:45 of DNB.

First, thanks Nevermore for these two amazing songs.

Secondly, can you guys recommend other songs(from other bands even) that might have the same affect on me as DNB.

-Thanks

Yes, the whole album. And I must agree with you...there is something about Dreaming Neon Black (the song) that just floors me...the massive sound of the guitars during the chorus and Warrels vocals...they mesh perfectly

"I am a child of light living in your mind
The pain, the unknowing washes away in time
Until then will you meet me whenever I call to you?"

That piece makes me want to grab a knife and do very ugly things to myself :headbang:

(had to update my sig :cool: )

The great mellower Nevermore songs would be: The Sanity Assassin, Believe in Nothing,The Heart Collecter,Next In Line.

The most mellow Nevermore song: Cenotaph, which is on the 'Dreaming Neon Black' album. This song is really ambient and not driven on any heavy guitar elements,etc... it's almost hypnotic/trance like.

Warrel Dane almost sounds slightly like a women in Narcosynthesis, the part where he goes 'what are you searching for' you can here a second distant higher vocal track in the back alittle after the first. The way it rings almost sounds womanish.