Dreaming Neon Black inspiration?

Wolftribe said:
Actually the whole religious cult and religious mission thing I have never seen in an interview with warrel. I did read once that he said that she was "missing, presumed dead". So i'm skeptical about the whole religious thing. Of course if someone knows of an interview with warrel where he says those things, I'd change my mind.

You ever look in the "Press" section of the Nevermore site? :tickled:

"Warrel: Well, Dreaming Neon Black is based upon a true life experience for me, for one of my ex-girlfriends that disappeared after joining a religious group. She told me I was evil and horrible, Satanic, all this crap. She disappeared, and still the body's never been found. I believe she's dead."

http://www.angelfire.com/mi/demonzine/nevermore.html

Lunar Still said:
Definitive explanations may be a ways off...a read an interview with Jim Sheppard, and he said that Warrell doesn't even tell him what most of the lyrical concepts really mean.

Well, he's only the bassist anyway. :loco:

How many bassists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Only one, but no one will notice. ZING. Warrel must have these same sentiments and therefore hates ol'...um whats his name, that bass player?

I knew about when her remains were finally identified, but this solves the rest of the puzzle. I've heard different things over the years, so it's nice (?) to have some concrete info.

A+ post

It's sad to think that maybe Warrel wouldn't like this post at all. But does it matter right now? All that's left are the remains of this dry cruel story, as well as his voice on some phonograms that are all endearing and, at the same time, testimonies of a person that I feel utterly connected to, but will never be able to say I've truly met.

He has mentioned her name a few times in more obscure interviews in the last few years. You can find them on youtube.