6,398 questions about Dreaming Neon Black....

Zivilyn

I'm long winded
Jul 17, 2003
Visit site
.. Is a lot better than 6,398 threads about Dreaming Neon Black. I'm sure most of this has been asked here before, but here goes...

Here's the annoying, overly asked question- Can someone explain the concept? I know it has something to do with a girl he knew, that dissapeared or.. something. That's it. Does anyone other than Warrel really know all of the ins and outs of the story? Are we even supposed to know?
It seems to me she may have drowned, because of all of the pictures in the booklet, but it seems more likely that it's symbolic (being in too deep, that kind of thing) and she really just vanished.
To me it seems like it's supposed to be vague. The lyrics seem to go with the plot, then suddenly he seems to go off on the media (again) out of nowhere (Poison Godmachine).
What's the importance of The Dog? I know it's in the Chinese Zodiac, but what's the signifigance, when it could just be something like "She screams from the alcove, I am a Capricorn?" This seems, more than anything else, one of those "only Warrel knows" things.
Is the Cenotaph a real monument? If so, did Warrel have anything to do with it's creation? "And I will build this in her name, The dream will not allow failure, only servitude, for I am it's slave." My thought was that the Cenotaph was the album.
I guess that's all I have for the concept.

What about Tim Calvert? He seemed to be a good guitarist, but Nevermore tends to chew up 2nd guitarists and spit them out really quick. I loved the solo in All Play Dead. So wha happened with him?

The last question is tabs. Where can I find some? I was looking at one for... Hell, I don't remember, but I was looking at one of the tabs, and once I realized how in depth the guitar parts were on this album, I listened to it again. Tabs for DNB, DHIADW and Politics of Ecstacy would keep me busy for days, but they are difficult for me to find. If anyone knows where to find some Powertabs for them, that would be even better.

ok.

warrel was 'very' attached to a woman, she went on a religious mission, nobody ever heard from her again. that's the super duper summed up version.

around the time he wrote lyrics for DNB< he got weird dreams of her drowning and stuff...

my belief is "dog" = god, and perhaps she was born in the year of the dog, like the lyric implies. year of the dog could be many different years, i dont feel like looking them up though. you can do that.

Tim Calvert WAS in Forbidden, then joined Nevermore for DNB... what happened and where he went, no idea. was very impressed with his work on DNB, but after listening to Forbidden, I had no interest in checking out HIS projects. No disrespect to him, he's still a great guitarist.

as for tabs... http://www.mysongbook.com

Thanks, I know these questions probably seem very dated to everyone that has seen them before, and I expected a bunch of people to give me shit just for being curious.

Hmm, I never thought about the album being the Cenotaph, that's a really interesting take on it.

Will pretty much summed it up ... I'm not that good at song interpretation or metaphors, so I can't help, sorry.

http://www.911tabs.com/tabs/n/nevermore/
hi this sight has well over 200 nevermore tabs and its actually like an encyclopedia for all tab sights so check it out and also if you want a really good sight go to thats really informative and it isnt just tabs i think its what you call power tabs check out www.mysongbook.com you would be suprised at what youll find and its real easy to use but i think you have to have or install guitarpro or whatever i dont know im computer illiterate but thats what i think i know so there! also if you go to www.encyclopediametallium.com and go to the left panel type in a band name it will give you info on just about any band you want and there is usually ALOT of info i think it said something about the girl from DNB but its a very good website it eeven will direct you to all band websites offical and fansites and it has reviews alot of times lyrics and everything else you want to know.wel thats all for now goodbye

After listening to TGE, I got all lyric-interpretation-happy and went after DNB, and actually thought about the chorus of this song ... one thing I think is that the thing with the dog and the alcove is it's about how the cult/religion broke down the woman's personality/self-esteem, as like a mind control device or just how religion gets people to think "There's the being that's so much better than me." When someone's compared to a dog, when you talk about a dog, they're usually really low, worthless. And the fact that she's in an alcove - a really small space - could also be part of that whole "worthlessness" thing *shrugs*

My theory was that the girl joined this cult based on zodiac signs and whatnot, hers being the year of the dog. The line "she never would betray the world I never saw" gives the implication that she left him for this cult, maybe on their wedding day (from the picture of her in a wedding dress in the booklet), and was drowned or drowned herself. The guy goes crazy, questions God, succumbs to sex, drugs, TV, and reclusion, then kills himself.

wow different takes on this.

i kinda understood it from the beginning. its a really messed up true story.
it's one of those albums that for some reason makes me feel the lyrics... if that makes any sense. i really connect with it. WD puts a lot of emotion into his voice and the lyrics.
thats something that will always make that album on top of all the others for me.