Dreamweaver info

tgs

Elder
I lost the booklet for my Dreamweaver cd some years ago when I moved which has bugged me ever since because it was really the ONLY thing I lost in the move! It even made me stop listening to it because I didn't want to be reminded about having lost it.

I have kept my eye out for a new copy since then but it's always been very expensive when I've found it. I looked it up on Ebay the other day though and found a copy in Thailand, and it was cheap and all.

All warning bells went off of course, but I made a bid of a measly $5 and actually won, so it only cost me $8 in total.

Today it arrived, and first thing I did was to compare it to the one I have (sans booklet). I found some differences immediately:

* The one I have has a clear metallic outer ring on the disc as well as a bigger clear space in the middle, which the new one I got doesn't have. Both have the same serial number on the back and identical printing, both say Made in West-Germany, etc, but the type of discs are totally different.

* The inlay has a higher contrast in the new one and the text has a slight yellow-ish tone. This also goes for the pictures and it's very easy to spot on the rings around the pictures as well. The Noise logo is brighter, and the bar code square has actually become plain white, whereas in the on I already had the square has a slightly yellow tone.

Unfortunately I cannot compare the booklets obviously, but from what I remember of the back of the booklet, it wasn't as bright as it is in the one I got now, and it makes reading the text a bit difficult.

Anyway, just to make sure you don't think I'm a complete spanner, I of course didn't expect to receive a genuine copy at this price, although I would have cheered with joy if it turned out to be one. But before I completely dismiss it as a bootleg, I just want to make completely sure that the two copies aren't just from different batches or something. Does anyone here have any clue about this?

The best that has come out of this though is that I actually listened to the album again now for the first time in over 4 years! And I have a nice little booklet again so I can sing along with the lyrics. So even if this didn't make me 100% happy (I doubt anything will unless my dirty old worn-out booklet should happen to magically reappear), I'm at least 80% content and can now reunite with one of my old favorites.

there were alot of bootlegs knocking around. But also the way it worked, the artwork would get shipped to different territories and printed in different places so it might be original. In any case, we never saw a penny off sales so enjoy the album even if it is a bootleg ;o)

there were alot of bootlegs knocking around. But also the way it worked, the artwork would get shipped to different territories and printed in different places so it might be original. In any case, we never saw a penny off sales so enjoy the album even if it is a bootleg ;o)

Straight from the man himself. Thanks for the info Andy! Very sorry to hear that you didn't get anything from it, that really sucks.

Just gave it two spins and will give it a third one soon. Damn I miss hearing it, I think for a period of time it was my most listened album. Next step will be to check out the remastered version, very curious to hear it!

9d10f85d1f21e7bfcd947915586244df_full.jpg