Threshold + iTunes + PDF Booklets

Light

Up The World
Nov 24, 2001
You know, this is coming from someone who bought over 3000 CDs.

Real ones, with touch and smell and the occasional scratch of Satan.

I really, really wanted this one to have the PDF booklet. So many new things on iTunes in the last year or so have had the PDF booklet. The PDF booklet - gosh darn it, that PDF booklet is top notch. What ho?

WHY IS THERE NO FRAKING PDF BOKLET ON THE PARADOX THING, hmmm?

Hmmmm?

It stopped me buying it. I can copy it off Dave down the street and scan his booklet, look. I LOVE MY DIGITAL BOOKLETS. They give me a special digital glow.

Sort it out please, and I can punch Dave in the bollocks and become holy again.

Cheers LOL :worship:

It's a bit frustrating. I don't want to buy more CDs; I believe the age of the CD is over, and I'm trying to reduce clutter in my life. It's bad enough with this mountain of hard drives ;)

I mentioned at the time of release that I hoped this would get an iTunes outing - a fairly safe bet considering the rest of the catalogue's on there - but since it's a "collector" thing it feels incomplete without a digital representation of the supposedly lavish booklet(s) the physical version contains.

It's certainly possible with iTunes, it's happening more and more and surely always helps sales (you only get the booklet with a full album purchase, rather than if you just pick at individual tracks).

Is it too much to hope this might still be added at a later date?

It's a bit frustrating. I don't want to buy more CDs; I believe the age of the CD is over, and I'm trying to reduce clutter in my life. It's bad enough with this mountain of hard drives ;)

I mentioned at the time of release that I hoped this would get an iTunes outing - a fairly safe bet considering the rest of the catalogue's on there - but since it's a "collector" thing it feels incomplete without a digital representation of the supposedly lavish booklet(s) the physical version contains.

It's certainly possible with iTunes, it's happening more and more and surely always helps sales (you only get the booklet with a full album purchase, rather than if you just pick at individual tracks).

Is it too much to hope this might still be added at a later date?

Ah if the normal version has a 'lavishing' booklet, why doesn't the digital one include one? It's stupid, it doesn't incite people to buy the digital version, something all bands ought to be trying to achieve.

I still love to buy CDs, even LPs, but I now have an iTunes account and plan to start buying digital music soon. Purposeless without the booklet, though.

I'm a bit disappointed not to get any response from "the band" about this.

I bought it anyway (I don't really have a friend called Dave, although I wish I did - the bastard) - and even though I love it dearly, I feel like I'm missing out on all the stories.

If it's because of "piracy" that you're holding back on the PDF booklets, then (in the words of an ancient and wise guru) "don't be so fucking stupid". Those who will plunder you will plunder you regardless.

As someone who's gone completely legit lately (not that I wasn't mostly before), I would relish the opportunity to own this in its complete format, with the blessing of the Gods. I just don't want to buy any more CDs, and if you don't get that then why are you on iTunes in the first place?

PS. I want a new Threshold album too please, and make it snappy :p

Love and kisses,
// Donkey

* I particularly want to know what the hell is up with this "FIST OF TONGUES" track, this is one of the best things I have ever heard - but I'm kept in the squelching dark because of no goddamn booklet - can you feel my pain and fury?

Thanks for the suggestion, we'll certainly look into it for future releases. However until now our digital distributor for direct-to-fan releases hasn't offered this as an option.

Appreciate the feedback; that's odd though, it should be a standard possibility for all iTunes releases. It's usually tagged as "bonus booklet" and marked as being available only with the complete full album download, as an incentive for buyers to plump for the whole thing rather than cherry-picking tracks. For an example, see the most recent Immortal album, "All Shall Fall". All personal moaning aside, I do think it would help sales...

* I particularly want to know what the hell is up with this "FIST OF TONGUES" track, this is one of the best things I have ever heard - but I'm kept in the squelching dark because of no goddamn booklet - can you feel my pain and fury?

Here's a quote from the Paradox booklet about Fist Of Tongues:

Glynn came back to the studio recently to make two new recordings of tracks that were unused at the time of Psychedelicatessen. His voice has improved if anything and he did a great job. This is one of his own compositions from the time and we found the original demo to work from. It has the feel of that album running through the track. It was one of many songs he put forward for Psychedelicatessen but was left out in favour of his other compositions Innocent and Will To Give.

Glynn came back to the studio recently to make two new recordings of tracks that were unused at the time of Psychedelicatessen. His voice has improved if anything and he did a great job. This is one of his own compositions from the time and we found the original demo to work from. It has the feel of that album running through the track. It was one of many songs he put forward for Psychedelicatessen but was left out in favour of his other compositions Innocent and Will To Give.

I'm not sure that this small snippet will stop mr. Light from complaining about the lack of the booklet on iTunes :D

See, I am just the opposite. I like the "physicality" of the disc and booklet, but that stem's from my vinyl days and buying KISS albums not only for the music but the little extras they always included. And yes I purchased this set and did enjoy reading the booklet, it really gave me some insight as to who Threshold are and were they came from.

Appreciate the feedback; that's odd though, it should be a standard possibility for all iTunes releases. It's usually tagged as "bonus booklet" and marked as being available only with the complete full album download, as an incentive for buyers to plump for the whole thing rather than cherry-picking tracks. For an example, see the most recent Immortal album, "All Shall Fall". All personal moaning aside, I do think it would help sales...

Indeed, it's very weird, and to be honest, mediocre and senseless. Bands need to jump into the digital era, if not they will probably fail commercially. Why? Because kids nowadays rarely buy physical CDs. I love to buy CDs and LPs (as most users of the forum), but I think I'm an exception. The newer generations look at you and say "what's an LP? Wait grandpa, you didn't have Internet? How could you live like that?"

To be honest, I think it's really unfair that one can't get a PDF of the digital download, and, as a favour to the fans who bought the digital download, I think the band should at least scan the booklet (in high-res) in PDF format and make it available to the general public. It's only fair, since the ones who bought the CD did get a booklet.

Hey that's very interesting, I didn't know that! One more reason to buy the single then!