dredg - "The Pariah, the Parrot, the Delusion"

Soundscape

Sep 16, 2002
Maplewood, MN
allmediareviews.blogspot.com
http://myspace.com/dredg

Fans?

Songs have been put on their myspace and youtube. And yes, it did leak earlier this week. It's being released on June 9th.

And it's a brilliant album. For people who dig EL CIELO, you should definitely check this record out.

Here's a new video for "Information" (the song is edited)

yeah, they're not Metal and not traditional "prog rock" of course, but it doesn't really matter.

This is 1 great, epic masterpiece of an album, and a certain album of the year contender for myself (altho I still would be pretty surprised if it knocks off Soundscape).

dredg_ppd_50p.gif

1. Pariah
2. Drunk Slide
3. Ireland
4. Stamp Of Origin - Pessimistic
5. Lightswitch
6. Gathering Pebbles
7. Information
8. Stamp Of Origin - Ocean Meets Bay
9. Saviour
10. R U O K
11. I Don´t Know
12. Mouring This Morning
13. Stamp Of Origin - Take A Look Around
14. Long Days And Vague Clues
15. Cartoon Showroom
16. Quotes
17. Down To The Cellar
18. Stamp Of Origin - Horizon

Last edited by a moderator:
How does it compare to Catch without Arms?

I think El Cielo is a masterpiece. The cleanest and warmest guitar tone ever captured. I look forward to their new one? I assume it's a concept album...

yeah it's a concept..somewhat based (or influenced) on Salman Rushdie's essay about the 7 billionth human on the planet.

It's kind of a nice blend of the conceptual and layered approach to EL CIELO, with the melodic sense of CWA. But there's also some things they did that really are new to dredg (funk?).

Saw them last week. Awesome show and the new songs sounded great. I've taken one spin through the new album and already I'm thinking I've got an album of the year candidate.

some news from Traversing
dredg will be co-headlining a national tour with RX Bandits this summer, from July 8 - August 31st. Early word is that they will be switching off headlining spots, so depending on the night you see them they may play last or second to last.

Openers on portions of the tour include Good Old War, Zechs Marquise, and As Tall As Lions. We'll have dates for you as soon as they're confirmed.

----

Confirmed Dates
July 20 - Orlando, FL @ Club Firestone

for people who don't know RX Bandits, they're an awesome live band. Sort of bridging Ska with Rock almost in a Mars Volta kind of way. I saw them once w/ Men, Women and Children and they were great. I'm looking forward to this.