Drop G band that I need help finalizing.

Jun 22, 2009
St. Pete, Florida
2 weeks of recording, 1 day of mixing.
I'm trying to get the mix down on 1 song, then ima add it to the rest and fine-tune it for each mix.

Anybody hearing anything im not?

be picky!

UPDATE!:
I also posted to finished mix to their CD, and 2 of the 10 songs on it for people to listen to. Tell me what you think!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1317792/BIGREDROBOT/Teasers/02_Watch the Infection Spread.mp3

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1317792/BIGREDROBOT/Teasers/05_Exalted Ruler.mp3

for anyone looking for the band, it's 'BIGREDROBOT'.

I posted it to total deathcore yesterday. So the LP will probably be posted soon.

Sounds sweet dude, my only thing would be the cymbals seem to come and go at places.

They seem to be very distant at places and then very in your face at others

Sounds sweet dude, my only thing would be the cymbals seem to come and go at places.

They seem to be very distant at places and then very in your face at others

So i should probably add a tiny bit of compression to them?

Anything else you hear?

I dont have any monitors, so people might be picking up things i dont even know exist. haha

i dont really like the kick, but it seems to work especially in the faster passages.
overall the whole thing is pretty cloudy and dull, id try boosting 2k (+2 db) on the masterbus and to make this thing even more aggressive.
like the vocalist! and the stutter you did ! really cool hearing that on a low voice!!
id also try multibandcompressing the low end a little, i personally hate bands tuning bass to g and beyond...
it makes more sense to do the meshuggah unison thing, has way more power than the low end farting these basses produce ;-)

vocals are awesome. what kinda chain are you using on them?

i agree about the kick. a low freq boost and a high freq spike might heat things up.

otherwise i like the mix.

Like the mix mate! You using superior for drums?

Also, what you using for guitars?

I'm also with Seth on the cymbals, they get drowned out at some points, like the end beat down, the pop in and out

The snare gets lost sometimes, and the guitars could use some more editing, but sounds very nice overall!

Editing, timing wise, or EQ?

i dont really like the kick, but it seems to work especially in the faster passages.
overall the whole thing is pretty cloudy and dull, id try boosting 2k (+2 db) on the masterbus and to make this thing even more aggressive.
like the vocalist! and the stutter you did ! really cool hearing that on a low voice!!
id also try multibandcompressing the low end a little, i personally hate bands tuning bass to g and beyond...
it makes more sense to do the meshuggah unison thing, has way more power than the low end farting these basses produce ;-)

Ill try the master thing. I really need to figure out exactly what's clouding up this mix. I think it's the bad ranges the bass is giving off. and i agree completely about what you said about the bass. I hated it from the start. haha.
But whatever works for them i guess ;D

Like the mix mate! You using superior for drums?

Also, what you using for guitars?

I'm also with Seth on the cymbals, they get drowned out at some points, like the end beat down, the pop in and out

Yeah, Superior.
6505/ENGL Powerball.

thanks man!

vocals are awesome. what kinda chain are you using on them?

i agree about the kick. a low freq boost and a high freq spike might heat things up.

otherwise i like the mix.

Vocals = Compression on each track of vocals. but this compression is mostly focused on the highs, and making sure they're in the general levels of the lows.

Then i link them all to a bus and i have....
REQ
Comp
Saturation
a presence boost
Rverb
Supertaps
and REQ

used a SM7b

Anytime man! I think his vocals have a lot to do with him as a person and the new mic.
I've been using a PG48 until this band. haha.
Finally decided to shell out some cash and get a mic :p

I have a updated mix, but only in .wav format. I'll probably convert it and update the mix in a little bit.

Love the mix dude, the only thing I'm hearing is the dullness in the overall tone.
Try boosting the high high frequencies just a tad. Around 16k and up.
That's what I do when I have a dullness problem.
Other than that its great! Love the vocals! :headbang:

I'm close to getting the SM7B. You happy with it?

Love the mix dude, the only thing I'm hearing is the dullness in the overall tone.
Try boosting the high high frequencies just a tad. Around 16k and up.
That's what I do when I have a dullness problem.
Other than that its great! Love the vocals! :headbang:

I'm close to getting the SM7B. You happy with it?

Yeah man, im beyond happy with it.
I also posted to finished mix to their CD, and 2 of the 10 songs on it for people to listen to. Tell me what you think!