Drowning Pool

distortlyfe

New Metal Member
Jul 10, 2008
hey guys... anyone goin to see drowning pool/saliva on tour??????

if you are, drowningpool.com has ways for a meet and greet w/ the band.. thought i'd let you know.

rock on!

Let the Bodies Hit the Floor is one of the biggest examples of why I loathe nu-metal with an almost immeasurable rage - so fucking juvenile and stupid. Haven't heard anything else, doubt it's much better.

"Bodies" is one of the most obnoxious songs I have ever heard, and that "Click, Click, Boom!" song from Saliva is equally, if not MORE obnoxious. Both of those songs have been used incessantly for years and years on the previews for the lamest of lame action movies, and it really gets on my nerves. When I heard that Saliva and Drowning Pool were hitting the road together, meaning I would have the chance to hear two of my least favorite songs in history performed live in the same evening, I became violently ill.

old dp was good though. the sinner album had some heavy tracks w/ it. maybe some of their songs do get over-used but then again there have got to be enough people that listen to them if they get that kind of attention.

Let the Bodies Hit the Floor is one of the biggest examples of why I loathe nu-metal with an almost immeasurable rage - so fucking juvenile and stupid. Haven't heard anything else, doubt it's much better.

ONE!

NOTHING'S WRONG WITH ME

TWO!

NOTHING'S WRONG WITH ME

THREE!

NOTHING'S WRONG WITH ME

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

that guy was a goddamned lyrical genius

Haha, seriously - such subtlety and brilliance on so many levels :puke:

old dp was good though. the sinner album had some heavy tracks w/ it. maybe some of their songs do get over-used but then again there have got to be enough people that listen to them if they get that kind of attention.

A lot of people listen to 50 cent too...

"Bodies" is one of the most obnoxious songs I have ever heard, and that "Click, Click, Boom!" song from Saliva is equally, if not MORE obnoxious. Both of those songs have been used incessantly for years and years on the previews for the lamest of lame action movies, and it really gets on my nerves.
Haha. Add trapt and you have a recipe for every sporting events. I mix "FOH" for a couple of college sports and I get inundated with that stuff. It's this particular breed of lowest common denominator aggression-- but it's still vanilla enough to be acceptable by the general public.

Dude I don't give FUCK what anyone says about how juvenile some of this music is, it really does make you want to smash something, whether out of anger the music is so bad or not I can't quite say.

Agreed - the stuff that really gets my adrenaline pumping is the tight, technical, controlled power and brutality of like Decapitated (when they're grooving and not being annoyingly spastic) and of course BEHEMOTH. Nu-metal and hardcore, by comparison, are so boring and uncontrolled and base, like, well, an angry teenager having a tantrum, as opposed to the inhuman rage and power of metal, like a mighty warrior dominating on the fields of battle with controlled, powerful swings of his sword. I love metal :)

Agreed - the stuff that really gets my adrenaline pumping is the tight, technical, controlled power and brutality of like Decapitated (when they're grooving and not being annoyingly spastic) and of course BEHEMOTH. Nu-metal and hardcore, by comparison, are so boring and uncontrolled and base, like, well, an angry teenager having a tantrum, as opposed to the inhuman rage and power of metal, like a mighty warrior dominating on the fields of battle with controlled, powerful swings of his sword. I love metal :)

Nononono, dude, actual hardcore is absolutely something else. Heard Blood for Blood's Outlaw anthems, for example? :) Check that one out ASAP!

Drowning Pool and Saliva, on the other hand... Well, just no.

Does Switched count as nu-metal (Ben Schigel's inactive band)? Because I used to like them a lot, and I still definitely don't mind listening to them. I think they've written some pretty cool stuff actually.