Drowning Pool

Nononono, dude, actual hardcore is absolutely something else. Heard Blood for Blood's Outlaw anthems, for example? :) Check that one out ASAP!

Drowning Pool and Saliva, on the other hand... Well, just no.

Sorry man, I definitely am acquainted with Blood for Blood, Madball, Sworn Enemy, 25 ta Life, etc., and I'm still definitely not a fan (it's not NEARLY as bad as modern hardcore/metalcore, but I still regard it as kinda redneck/tough guy, which is NOT my thing)

the thing that gets me is that most people that listen to metal/ hard rock these days look at it that if the music is in anyway catchy or able to be played on a normal radio station format it just sucks.

What's wrong with having a little edge, but at the same time writing with hooks and singing?

i listen to my share of various metal sub genre's, but i still enjoy listening to the more "commercial" hard rock/metal.

it is what it is

Sorry man, I definitely am acquainted with Blood for Blood, Madball, Sworn Enemy, 25 ta Life, etc., and I'm still definitely not a fan (it's not NEARLY as bad as modern hardcore/metalcore, but I still regard it as kinda redneck/tough guy, which is NOT my thing)

Converge + Modern Life Is War gogogogogo!

Heh, fair enough :) I can't take the white trash bitching attitude 100% serious myself at times (ok, so you're white, fat and poor, just get a fucking job and start jogging) but all in all I still dig a lot of good hardcore bands like no tomorrow :) And hey, any song that starts with the words "Fucking your pussy was like fucking a wound from a shotgun blast... With gangrene!" can't be bad :D

the thing that gets me is that most people that listen to metal/ hard rock these days look at it that if the music is in anyway catchy or able to be played on a normal radio station format it just sucks.

What's wrong with having a little edge, but at the same time writing with hooks and singing?

i listen to my share of various metal sub genre's, but i still enjoy listening to the more "commercial" hard rock/metal.

it is what it is

No, Soilwork and Scar Symmetry write music with both edge and hooks - Drowning Pool is for dumb jocks. :heh: