Drum Samples and Midi Channels.

demian79

New Metal Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hello People!! new here..:wave:

I come from hell as you people :devil: (well to be honest people from gearslutz makes me get in here) play guitars and Im building a Pro DAW system. I was trying to find Pro drum samples and to be honest I listened to that Steven Slate samples and it blowed my hair away :yow::yow: :kickass:
I really couldnt beleive it...:worship:

I usually dont use a midi keyboard, because I use a score writer program (encore, finale,etc) to compose all my music note by note, then export as midi file and import it with Pro Tools. Up to now I was using the Triton Drums as a Midi channel in PT and then I record the Midi channel as Audio Data. It is ok specially if I tweak it a little but they are no comparison with this kind of Drum Samples.
So.. I dont understand very well the formats of the samples and how can I introduce it to my midi tracks. Could I assign each sample (hit) to each note of a midi track making a midi drum channel, because I dont understand how can I make a custom drum kit ? I suppose that in the score writer program I will not have the real samples playing there so then When I import it from PT I could assign the drum sounds that I want to that Midi Track, doesnt it?

Thanks,
Demian.

you need to use a sampler, to load up your samples, and assign them to a midi note.
also don't render your midi files to wav. no need too, just load up your sampler so that you can tweek it realtime. i'm not on pro-tools, but i think that battery is pretty much standard on any platform. if you want your drums to sound "real" though, it's another story