drum samples while using midi drums?

Nims8582

New Metal Member
Aug 18, 2012
www.facebook.com
So here is what I’d like to do:

Use SSD4 or superior drummer for kick, snare, and cymbals and then maybe use trigger or drumagog for the killer samples I just bought for toms. What’s the easiest setup and tips/ways to do this?

I’m on Reaper and Protools HD 8

also if the drums are all in midi to begin with how would i trigger the sample to drumagog or trigger? would i have to take say the toms and bounce them to a wave track? or can i send just the notes in midi i want to a are track with a vst sampler loaded up in it?

You are programming the drums?

Sounds like basic routing to me, if I get your question right. Use SSD4 on your kick/snare/cymbal tracks and use Trigger or Drumagog on the tom tracks.....route the specific tracks from your drum VSTi into Reaper or PT.

In Pro Tools you can control click on the midi tracks output and send it to a track with trigger on it. Control clicking adds an additional output. Create an aux track with Trigger, set trigger to accept midi input on the note you want.

OR, route SD or SSD to separate aux tracks (plenty of tutorials for this on you tube) and then just place the plugin on the aux track that is receiving the individual tom sample.

I do this all the time with superior. I usually use the superior toms/ cymbals, then send the kick and snare out their own aux to be replaced with trigger.