Drum replacement for midi drums

kylendm

Apr 18, 2010
NJ
So I'm using superior and I want to replace the snares and kicks with samples. Would I use aptrigga or something like trigger to run different WAV samples as replacements or is there something else out there that'll read my midi notes and play back the WAVs?

I tend to put Trigger after EZ drummer or Superior Drummer. I gotta check each hit after the print but it usually works pretty well that way.

I pretty much just put Trigger on the track I want replaced. I have my drums routed from the EZDrummer midi, then put Trigger in the front of my Snare chain for example. Works like a charm.

If you are using Reaper, there is a great tutorial video on sample replacement by Jon from the Reaper Blog.

One think you can do for instance with Reaper is print the Superior track, and then use dynamic splitting to replace that track with samples.

Reactions: bryan_kilco
Thanks for the tips guys. I don't have reaper and I really don't want to have tt deal with ilok. Is there any other softwares that'll work? I might try apptrigga 3 but I think I remember hearing drumogog too? Suggestions?

I just wanted to point out that for the time being I actually am using Kontakt for drum replacement. It actually works pretty well. Here's the video I used.

Drumagog 5 here. As with all of the above statements you will need to manually align your samples every once in a while. Though, that pretty much goes with all sample replacers

I'd suggest not 100% replace Superior snare and kick drums because they sound pretty amazing. Play with layering first - you can obtain incredible sounding drums.

Personally I use SPL DrumXchanger to add some "kick" to snare drum. I never replacing kick drum when use SD2. Don't forget parallel compress the kick and snare!

Check my mixes (see signature) and judge how SD snare can sound.

Yeah I usually layer it but sometimes I'm going for a different kind of sound. I also just got Progressive Foundry for SD2. Amazing drum sounds!