new samples in superior drummer?

Robbiekmetal

New Metal Member
Feb 6, 2009
can i import other drum samples(.wavs) into Superior Drummer 2? All I'm using is programmed midi drums into Superior 2.0. and some of their samples i've found better ones.

Nope. But I use Superior 2.0 for all programming in the songwriting mode and then route the midi to Steven Slate for snares & kicks for the final mix. I like Superiors toms and cymbals (and ease of programming) better...

I had an old guitar player do it somehow on one of our old songs, but i barely talk to him anymore.. ive got some good samples...
For Steven Slate/Drumagog id have to purchase that program and go from there? I'm trying to accomplish this without buy anything new.
Ill try to get a hold of the old guitar player see what he did..
Thanks for the suggestions.

i think it's possible to place other samples into the folder and give them the same filenames as the originals

sort of a PITA, but i'm pretty sure i've heard of it being done

i thought about that too

i'm almost positive that'll work, honestly

i know for a fact it's been done with ezdrummer...don't see why not with superior - all the program knows is to load the samples with such and such filename, it doesn't know what the actual content is supposed to be...

i'm almost positive that'll work, honestly

i know for a fact it's been done with ezdrummer...don't see why not with superior - all the program knows is to load the samples with such and such filename, it doesn't know what the actual content is supposed to be...

Nope, there are no actual samples to be found in the NY Avatar (S2.0 kit) directory, just 7 .obw (proprietary format I'm assuming) files totalling (in my case) a bit over 9 gigs.

More importantly, however...

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/production-tips/403588-drum-samples-replacement-triggers-faq.html

/thread

output superior to multi-outs, then take the channel you want to re-trigger, send it to 2 bus channels. bus 1 stays as the original, bus 2 you throw aptrigga or drumagog onto it and trigger it off, comp, eq and increase to taste the triggered channel etc and your ready to roll

To the OP. One option is to multiout superior and use drumagog on the snare track, like was mentioned before. Another option, which might be easier, is to take the track with the midi file in it, create a midi send to a new track, and then put drumagog on the new track with midi input enabled. Drumagog will then trigger 100% accurately with all of the correct velocities.

when i select it as multi-outs, they dont show up anywhere in Reaper.. to add the replacement plugin to. ive searched around the reaper wiki and manual and i dont know why its not showing up, i even got the newest version of Reaper installed

ok before doing anything add superior as a vsti track in the session. (insert -- virtual instrument on new track). After you choose superior it will pop up a new window asking if you want to build routes for your tracks. Say yes and all your microphones in superior will have their own tracks. After that go to superior mixer and change the outputs of all tracks to multichannel.
You should then have control of every mic track (eg kick, snare, toms, etc) for replacement/trigger in reaper.