Superior cymbals

RichS

none
May 19, 2008
Can you get usable cymbals with Superior drummer? I was listening to some Sturgis cymbals and they sound pretty good, just wondering if I can get Superior drummers cymbals to sound as good as them?

I have the Metalheads and metal foundry expansions.

I have zero experience with Kontakt 5, which it seems I would have to buy in order to get the Sturgis samples to work with Superior drums, right?

The overheads in TMF is the one thing that they got correct. They are the best sounding overheads (cymbals only) that I have stumbled across. All you have to do is some high pass, notch out the brassy area in the mids and one harsh upper mid area and throw a nice high shelf boost. Take that and add some light compression to get sustain from the cymbals and you have $1M OHs.

Well, use the transient designer in SD2.0 and add some sustain, however IMO the SD2.0 cymbals really are not that hot.
I really really like the Stugis cymbal pack but they also require some processing like like compression to get the sustain and some shine to the cymbal samples
In the end IMO Stugis cymbal pack > SD2.0 cymbals and extremely worth it to learn Kontakt because you can begin to make your own sample packs

Edit: Spelling error