Drum Tracking video for those of you interested...

TheIllicitOne

Ik ben lekker...
Feb 21, 2006
los angeles
It's nothing special. My old band went into the studio to do drum tracking and our drummer really couldn't pull off the songs so it never amounted to anything. Anyhow, it shows basic setup, studio goofeness, and some of the tracking. I'm the guy behind the camera. Let me know what you guys think...

Drum Tracking

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commentry by Ans? :heh: :lol:

Yea, Ans makes an appearance but the commentary is mostly by me. :p I kinda miss the band, but at the same time I don't. I'm glad he kept it going when 4 of us quit pretty much at the same time.

Mmmmm Vintech preamps. Which studio is that kind sir? Cool vid by the way!

-Joe

It's the studio at San Jacinto Central College here in Houston. We got the studio for 20 bucks and hour. Ridiculous huh?

With all of that gear, your record better sound good. What label are you on?

We were actually doing our demo (20/hr) but we didn't finish because our drummer couldn't play to a click and it would have been a problem because he fluctautes way too much without one. All in all it was chalked up to a $160 learning experience. No record label. But yea, the drums were sounding killer straight through the monitors and upon listening to it through studio headphones last night, it sounded amazingly good through the video camera mic. :)

Yea, Ans makes an appearance but the commentary is mostly by me. :p I kinda miss the band, but at the same time a don't. I'm glad he kept it going when 4 of us quit pretty much at the same time.

It's the studio at San Jacinto Central College here in Houston. We got the studio for 20 bucks and hour. Ridiculous huh?

We were actually doing our demo (20/hr) but we didn't finish because our drummer couldn't play to a click and it would have been a problem because he fluctautes way too much without one. All in all it was chalked up to a $160 learning experience. No record label. But yea, the drums were sounding killer straight through the monitors and upon listening to it through studio headphones last night, it sounded amazingly good through the video camera mic. :)

Wow, yes quite ridiculous!

-Joe

damn dude i know how that goes with the whole drummer not being able to play to a click stress and for me it was when a big label was paying for half the recording. the timing on your guy seemed a little off but he looked like a solid drummer i wouldve tried to record him without the click i dont know...but i enjoyed the vid thanks for posting

You should have just recorded it a section at a time and copied and pasted it all together like everyone else does. Im sure you drummer could have played each part to the click. do like the intro , then the verse then bridge, chorus and all that. sorta like you do when you program dfh or fruity loops or whatever.

You should have just recorded it a section at a time and copied and pasted it all together like everyone else does. Im sure you drummer could have played each part to the click. do like the intro , then the verse then bridge, chorus and all that. sorta like you do when you program dfh or fruity loops or whatever.

Thats what we did. And no, he couldn't play to the click. It was fun but kinda sucked at the same time.