Drumagog ithe REAPER

iraobryan

Jul 7, 2009
What folder do you have to put Drumagog in to get REAPER to recognize it?

Disregard...I just realized it is an RTAS plug in and won't work with REAPER.

So how do you get/use/make multiple velocity samples if all you have is single wav samples?

The same folder you put all your plugins?? And also it isnt only a RTAS... and also, for multiple samples it depends, if you want to blend in you gotta use multiple instances, if you want one drumagog to react to the hit velocity and play a certain sample it's all within that same instance

What folder do you have to put Drumagog in to get REAPER to recognize it?

reaper will look for VST plugs in any folder you tell it to, specified in the VST plugins section of the preferences menu.

Disregard...I just realized it is an RTAS plug in and won't work with REAPER.

there's both, VST and RTAS. you're trying to install the wrong one.

So how do you get/use/make multiple velocity samples if all you have is single wav samples?

open your single .wav sample and let it play. is it actually a .wav file of several hits?? you'll often find them like this and will need to edit them apart by hand. a .gog file is nothing more than a bundle of separate .wav samples, sometimes of varying velocity.

if you're in the market for a different plugin, aptrigga2 is similar but (in my experience) has better MIDI playback and operates by loading up to 5 .wav files at a time, but not .gog's. if you have the cashola and are serious about replacing, it makes sense to have both. but then again, there's a ton of new drum replacing plugs coming out that look awesome. (slate digital's trigger, drumagog5, uhm... i forget)

and there was totally just a thread about this like a week ago, poke around for it.

also would like to congratulate myself for using nested mini-quotes in a helpful multiple q/a format for the first time. welcome to teh internets, me.

Thanks guys, you were both right. I was trying to load the wrong file. I got it worked out. The samples I have are individual hits. I was a bit confused about the multiple velocity thing and was considering using Drum Replacer for Reaper. I think I'm OK now, although it's definitely time for some computer upgrading or a switch to Aptrigga. Adding Drumagog to the kick caused some crackling and glitching.

if one instance of drumagog in reaper is choking up, then definitely time to upgrade. but just in case try adjusting the buffer size. can be found in preferences > audio > device. larger buffer = smoother performance, but higher latency, and vice versa.

Good point! I was going back and forth between PT and REAPER. I adjusted the buffer size in PT, but I don't think I did in REAPER. I'm trying to learn REAPER but am not yet able to lose the PT crutch. There really is a lot to learn!

Good point! I was going back and forth between PT and REAPER. I adjusted the buffer size in PT, but I don't think I did in REAPER. I'm trying to learn REAPER but am not yet able to lose the PT crutch. There really is a lot to learn!

reaper should right out of the box be able to handle more/run smoother than protools, just because of how tiny/streamlined it is in comparison to the code-behemoth digidesign has been packing on the pounds to over the years. if reaper's getting latency but PT isn't, i'd say it's an ASIO driver issue. make sure you have the most up to date digi/m-audio drivers.

I adjusted the buffer rate, basically doubled it since I didn't know what to set it at, and it helped. It still glitches, and PT is running stable with about the same amount of plugins running. What would the buffer be in milliseconds to equal the 1024 setting in PT?

I will definitely check for m/digi ASIO driver updates. Thanks again!

Edit:I didn't find any ASIO updates on the digidesign site. I guess I have the current version.

o_0 i'm using reaper and protools with a digi002 board, definitely runs better in Reaper. which interface are you using?

edit: well i mean, reaper runs faster/smoother than PT. the interface itself is indifferent.

I'm using an Mbox 2 Pro. That's part of why I'm trying to learn REAPER, so I have more options when I upgrade for more inputs.