Drumkit from Hell?

Shadow_Island

Jan 17, 2004
East
Has anyone used this program? If so, is it decent?

It's a drum loop program made by Tomas Haake (Meshuggah). I'm d/l it at the moment cause I can't find a drummer to play the stuff I write and I wouldn't mind getting some stuff recorded.

drumkit from hell isn't essentially a program, it's the hugest collection (9 dvds actually) of unprocessed drum samples that can be used in sequenced drum patterns. It does, however, have a VST plugin (at least, I only have the 1st version - 1cd) thomas haake collaborated in its development, he probably said "I want this to be like this and that"...anyways, worth buying if you're into production biz and if you feel like doing stuff on your own to show to an eventual drummer or for the lack a drummer. You can get the sounds you want from it, but remember that it will sound like a drum machine by the end...

DFH: Superior is SICK. But yes - you do have to plug it into a sequencer to use it. For example - I use Cubase SX and do all my drums that way - I use DFH: Superior as my sound palatte and tust me - you can create some SICK drums with it.

Now - something my buddy Splinterhead showed me...and for the record - he is a WAY more accomplished musician, engineer and producer than I will EVER be - but anyway - DFH: Superior kind of revolutionized drum sampling - but now a shitload of other companies have taken the ball and run with it and made improvements etc - so definitely look around and ask as many people as possible about what's out there because you want to make sure you spend your $$$ wisely.

DFH: Superior is also a bit tough to get yuor head around - once you dom you are golden - but it can be stressfull at times.

JB

If I had money (which I don't), I'd pick up DFH in a second.

To the topic creator, it's essentially a huge collection of sampled drums geared towards metal. I don't think it contains any loops, so you'll actually have to write your own patterns.

Are there any drum maps made for DKFH? I have a sampler and DKFH samples, but when I program the drums all I see are keyboard keys.