Drummer JOHN TEMPESTA Joins THE CULT! - Feb. 14, 2006

thraxx

You'll Be in Hell With ME
Nov 23, 2002
www.anthrax.com
After two auditions, John Tempesta (EXODUS, TESTAMENT, HELMET, WHITE ZOMBIE, ROB ZOMBIE) has been hired as the new drummer for THE CULT. Tempesta will make his debut with the group when they perform on "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" on Friday, February 24 on the CBS-TV network.

THE CULT's upcoming tour, tagged "A Return To Wild", will cover 19 cities launching at the legendary Fillmore in San Francisco and winding up at Nokia Live in New York City. Although the band was offered large venues they opted for more intimate houses. These shows are for CULT devotees and the wickedly curious. "We need to reconnect with our people, our tribe," claimed Duffy. "We need to be among them. We want this to be as intimate as possible. You can't do that in an airline hanger, mate."

In addition to playing live shows, THE CULT also plans to "explore the possibilities of making new music in 2006," but no firm commitments have been made, according to a press release.

THE CULT's last tour — behind their acclaimed 2001 album, "Beyond Good and Evil" — featured principal members Ian Astbury (vocals) and Billy Duffy (guitar) alongside longtime THE CULT drummer Matt Sorum and bassist Billy Morrison.

For a list of upcoming THE CULT shows, visit Pollstar.com.

Me..... and Jake Dehomme????
a_delhomme_il.jpg

Kerry Collins.......Randy Moss........Warren Sapp.......Al Davis.......Sebastian Janikowski...........Art Shell again the Raiders hiring old has been dinosaurs to reserect a dying team! What a joke!

Laugh all you want but I always kind of liked The Cult. Something different, not really metal, not really a hair band. I dunno, just kind of dig it. I thought though that Ian Astbury left the band for some pseudo-Doors reunion or somethin???

I like the cult to. They are basically a three cord rock band but they have some good stuff. Tempesta playing drums for thr Cult just seem weird though, I mean this guy is from White Zombie!... how does that happen???

I like the Cult too !!! Fucking A to whoever said he's selling his pride!!!!!!! HMMM, gee...rock the fuck out on drums to classic rock songs to packed houses with frenzied hot groupies all over the place????

Or stay at home on your ass typing messages on the computer about being "troo" to your metal roots??

Seems like a no brainer to me.

I was kicking with the dudes from Anthrax once and the Cult were performing on the tv. I think I remember them really liking it.

This seems like a very odd match to me. I mean good for John if this is what he really wants to do but The Cult doesn't seem like a band that would be able to showcase his drumming skills much at all.

KY_Fried442 said:
This seems like a very odd match to me. I mean good for John if this is what he really wants to do but The Cult doesn't seem like a band that would be able to showcase his drumming skills much at all.

Wasn't Helmet a strange choice for both Johnnie and Frankie????? But when i saw them it was a killer show......