Drummers help

BWS]

New Metal Member
Oct 9, 2006
I am trying to learn the song Windowpane, and I am having some trouble with the fill at ~3:30. Can any drummers give me any tips/tabs or anything to help me? Tabs would be best but any help is appreciated! :Smokin:

Yes, I do know what ghost notes are, I just don't know how to tackle this fill...It overwhelms me. :OMG:

BWS] said:
Yes, I do know what ghost notes are, I just don't know how to tackle this fill...It overwhelms me. :OMG:

I felt the same way when I tried to tackle "when" on guitar. Now to some here it may come easier but at first you feel like giving up. So get past the psychological part and tackle it!

watch the video on you tube of windowpayne and watch lopez

They barely show lopez, I wish he would've done a video of him playing it just purely him. Lopez/Axe/Any other Opeth fan who plays drums...Feel free to record windowpane :p
Edit: I watched the video on youtube, and the video on Lamentations and I cant get a clear view of the fill.

If anyone has AIM and can help me, AIM: MozartDeathMetal

BWS] said:
I am trying to learn the song Windowpane, and I am having some trouble with the fill at ~3:30. Can any drummers give me any tips/tabs or anything to help me? Tabs would be best but any help is appreciated! :Smokin:

I don't really see how it could be difficult? It's not technically hard. Practice and try to get the feeling right and the fill in will come.

It's not that tough. Besides, I don't see why you would stress over nailing a drum fill note for note like you would a guitar solo. It's way hard to judge the pitch of the toms most of the time, and odds are that your set has different parts and a different sound.

How long have you been playing? If this fill overwhelms you, then I doubt you could handle even the first two beats of the song.

Start at the beginning and play it note by note and build up until you can get to the end. The first couple bars are just some hi-hat tricks, for which you probably need a pretty nice hi-hat to get that sound. I don't think mine would sound that good.

I've been playing a year and I can play the first two parts perfectly, my toms are tuned pretty damn near Lopez's. I wanna play this as accurately as I can.