Drumming with click tracks

anacrucix

aka Shredcaptain Matt
Jan 22, 2007
United Kingdom
I can never hear a clicktrack over my drums, anyone got recommendations of headphones etc?

at the moment i'm building a headphone amplifier and plan to wear my current headphones w/ earplugs and crank the amplifier up, but without the amplifier the headphones are still to quiet in comparison to the drums.

i built my headphone amplifier but the problem still seems to be with the headphones themselves not killing enough background sound, anyone got any headphone recommendations ?

i built my headphone amplifier but the problem still seems to be with the headphones themselves not killing enough background sound, anyone got any headphone recommendations ?

Rod Morgenstein helped design two pairs of headphones for Vic Firth.

One pair is blue and the other is black. The black pair have a 1/4" headphone cable. The blue ones are (obviously) a lot cheaper so, what I do, is I get a pair of good bud in-ear phones (Koss makes some good ones for like 15 bucks (US) and put those inside the blue ones. This will not only save on your hearing.. (Rod actually has tenitus (sp?--ringing in the ears due to damage) that's why he helped Vic Firth develop them)... They are made well... I don't play without them.

If you can't find them... a good pair of gun headphones (the kind you wear when you go to the shooting range) work well too. They might be more expensive though. You can generally find those at any sporting store.

Let me know if this helps.:kickass:

http://www.vicfirth.com/products/headphones.html

I just checked this site... apparently the blue ones that I have are now black... so both the driver and non-driver ones are black. The blue ones are a kids model I think. Good luck