Drynhwyl

Greentea

Dec 13, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
what does Drynhwyl mean? Is it a sweedish word or something? I'm confused what the song Velvet Thorns is really about as well.

I just got Dance of December Souls and it's terrific. One of the better doom cd's I've heard in awhile.

@Greentea: I think that's song about someone wo either is dying because of a lost love or wants to freeze his feeling because of it :erk:
I'm not sure... but it's truely beautiful how the song's written ...and the expression "velvet thorns" is very interesting. Maybe it means something like a death, which is beautiful und soft, because it's wanted and the one who's dying was longig for it for a long time.

@m0rtis: I think it means something like "Our god is dead" [there was a thread about it a long time ago...] and it's hebrew (?).
I know how it's pronounced... once I met someone speaking that language and he told me.
...There's a passage in the song "Expostulation" from Draconian where a clear voice is talking something about "elohim" ...

The bear claw tracks fade into the snow, and you feel, rather than hear, the shuriken fly over head. The samurai wolves entering the valley are surprised by the attack, and rally around to defend themselves from their supposed prey. Silently, each samurai falls from the combination of strength and a seemingly infinite supply of weapons. The last wolf, the leader of the samurai pack, turns to face the Ninja Bear, Katana at the ready. Who will possess the Picnic Basket?

1)Elohim is the name of the god in the hebrew scriptures

2)And i think Jhva is Jehovah it is the name of the god of Christianity

3)Meth might be meant "die" because in arabian "mefta" means "dead"

4)I think this sentence is wrong and that is why Blakkheim have not made a comment

LoboUivante said:
hmm... if that's true and they have mistaken the sentence, after naming a album and using lyrics on a song... that would be really really ignorant.

well they were kinda young back then, maybe its not a mistake though.

It is Catatonia not Katatonia

Is there an ignorance?

Diabolical Masquerade's song names are wrong too

Rider on the Bonez
Dreadventurouz
The Zkeleton Keyz to the Dead
Thiz Ghoultimate Omen
All Onboard the Perdition Hearze!
The Eerie Obzidian Circuz

Is there an ignorance?

There are lots of mistakes in these old blakkmetal times esp. Norwegian bands made lots of mistakes.Now only one of them comes to my mind.In one of the Darkthrone's song (i can not remember the name of the song either).There were an satanic rite it's words are "Agathos Daimos".
Agathos means "good"
Daimos means "djinni" or "fairy"
Agathodaimon give rich harvest and prosperity to the cities.She/He is not a demon or evil

This is what i call ignorance

And i meant when they had been young;they had not really investigated about this subject or they had not cared about it or maybe something else.Maybe i am wrong there is no mistake in this sentence.Btw i don't think they are ashamed of this subject;i think they only don't want to declare their failure (if there is).Btw Blakkheim and Jonas don't want to make comments about their lyrics and this can be why Blakkheim have not made a comment yet."But it is not like i owe him money,this is different" :p

Wanderer said:
It is Catatonia not Katatonia

Is there an ignorance?

Diabolical Masquerade's song names are wrong too

Rider on the Bonez
Dreadventurouz
The Zkeleton Keyz to the Dead
Thiz Ghoultimate Omen
All Onboard the Perdition Hearze!
The Eerie Obzidian Circuz

Is there an ignorance?

i wouldn't call it ignorance, i call it someone trying to name songs with a teenager mind... and that's very very lame. and the "k" on katatonia is kind of "look how original we are", but it sounds a little lame too:Smug: ... (katatonia is great though, not trying to commence a war).

LoboUivante said:
and the "k" on katatonia is kind of "look how original we are", but it sounds a little lame too:Smug: ...

I would not call it a mistake or a try to be "original" ... To spell Catatonia with K is not wrong. I don't know, how they spell that word in Skandinavia, but in German it's "Katatonie" and if I was about to name my band like an Illness [it's something between shiziophreny & depression], I would turn the last E into an A, too, to make it sound more as a name than an Illness and of course for better sounding [what a scentence o_O].

So imo it's not lame (;