Drynhwyl

Wanderer said:
It is Catatonia not Katatonia

There is also a fag band already called catatonia....not that that matters........

I do not give one little shit about this topic.....I could care less if their name was
57' chevys of kung foo fury.......or if their lyrics when they were 17-18 were about some dumb shit........if you told me that your lyrics, when you were as old as they were when they recorded JHVA, were any good at all I would call you a lier......they have already said that they were young and dont think the same way anymore(although they are still proud of those early recordings....and justifiably so) so what is all this dumb shit about them being ignorant......and I dont know if any of you have noticed....but all Anders does with the diabolical thing is make the S's into Z's....basically turning around the S......

Anyone who says Katatonia isnt as original as it gets with music these days, in my opinion(I know it dont mean much), is a moron anyways......so squash this stupid thread.....we have talked endlessly about the meaning of Jhva Elohim Meth....it has been debated over and over.........

@°scarlet° I did not say, I'm right (; and I never studied linguistics... but the meaning of the greek katátonos is completely different from the word which is used as the name of this illness.
So what is it now?
I'm confused... though it's not important for me... ehr? I'm confusing myself

Wanderer said:
It is Catatonia not Katatonia

Is there an ignorance?

Diabolical Masquerade's song names are wrong too

Rider on the Bonez
Dreadventurouz
The Zkeleton Keyz to the Dead
Thiz Ghoultimate Omen
All Onboard the Perdition Hearze!
The Eerie Obzidian Circuz
Bloodbath's Omnious Bloodvomit deserves a mention here as well. To be honest though, I couldn't care less about a few teeny mistakes, intentional or not. There's no sense in being pedantic (hats off to merriam webster.) Thumbs up to any band that writes their lyrics (or even titles) in any language other than their first.

@scarlet:I did not call it ignorance or teenager mind (about k and z thing) read my post again.
No i am not a linguist but i know how to communicate with ppl and how to understand them (this is called empathy) i can not teach you english but i can teach how to communicate and how to understand ppl.
and also you can write k and z in this forum or in informal situations but in FORMAL situations like your CV you can not write K and Z.

Ok then you can send personal message i've already sent you one.And your posts don't make any sense.This is my view but you are an ignorant little child so i've to post an another senseless post but this will be really the last one. read my posts and your personal attacking "destructive" criticism again.

Oh, I never really thout that I was meant... it was just a statement of mine. Nevermind, but...

...is fighting really necessary in this case?
In my opinion it's not important what's right or not or how it can be spelled or not and if it is a mistake or has something to do with ignorant children/people ...

But my question is still unanswered... does katatonia stand for this Ilness or does it not?
If that's question too stupid for you, you may beat me up o_O"

I wanna know that *cry*

BloodySwan said:
Oh, I never really thout that I was meant... it was just a statement of mine. Nevermind, but...

...is fighting really necessary in this case?
In my opinion it's not important what's right or not or how it can be spelled or not and if it is a mistake or has something to do with ignorant children/people ...

But my question is still unanswered... does katatonia stand for this Ilness or does it not?
If that's question too stupid for you, you may beat me up o_O"

I wanna know that *cry*

that is a good question actually......and the spelling has become more interesting as well......whether or not they did it because of the root word for catatonia or just to spell it different.....this is what I could find.....

cat·a·to·ni·a Audio pronunciation of "catatonia" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kt-tn-)
n.

An abnormal condition variously characterized by stupor, stereotypy, mania, and either rigidity or extreme flexibility of the limbs. It is most often associated with schizophrenia.

[New Latin, from German Katatonie, from Greek katatonos, stretching tight, from katateinein, to stretch tight : kata-, intensive pref.; see cata- + teinein, to stretch; see ten- in Indo-European Roots.]

Main Entry: 2catatonic
Function: noun
: a catatonic individual

Source: Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

Main Entry: 1cata·ton·ic
Pronunciation: "kat-&-'tän-ik
Function: adjective
: of, relating to, being, or affected by schizophrenia characterized especially by a marked psychomotor disturbance that may involve stupor or mutism, negativism, rigidity, purposeless excitement, and inappropriate or bizarre posturing —cata·ton·i·cal·ly /-i-k(&-)lE/ adverb

Source: Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

catatonic

adj : characterized by catatonia especially either rigidity or extreme laxness of limbs

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

catatonic

<jargon> A description of a system that gives no indication
that it is still working. This might be because it has
crashed without being able to give any error message or
because it is busy but not designed to give any feedback.

Compare buzz.

[Jargon File]

(2004-08-19)

Source: The Free On-line Dictionary of Computing, © 1993-2005 Denis Howe

catatonic

adj. Describes a condition of suspended animation in
which something is so wedged or hung that it makes no response.
If you are typing on a terminal and suddenly the computer doesn't
even echo the letters back to the screen as you type, let alone do
what you're asking it to do, then the computer is suffering from
catatonia (possibly because it has crashed). "There I was in the
middle of a winning game of nethack and it went catatonic on me!
Aaargh!" Compare buzz.

Source: Jargon File 4.2.0

catatonic

catatonic: in CancerWEB's On-line Medical Dictionary

Source: On-line Medical Dictionary, © 1997-98 Academic Medical Publishing & CancerWEB

here is a german site about Katatonie...hopefully the link is translated for you....
http://translate.google.com/transla...ient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

not much effort was involved in this.....I will investigate more about the root of the word and post it later....

Reece