DT pics from Tuska !

So... where did you meet the band? In some pics it looks like Corner bar. I don't know, maybe I was informed about the meeting too but somehow I lost my memory or I was abducted or something like that happened.. :confused: Anyhow, Saturday night I had the ticket for Stella Star club again as well so no chance for the meet&greet anyway. :/

Imperiumi.net said:
1. The Sun Fired Blanks
2. The Treason Wall
3. White Noise/Black Silence
4. Punish My Heaven
5. Haven
6. Monochromatic Stains
7. Single Part of Two
8. Damage Done
9. The Wonders at Your Feet
10. ThereIn
11. One Thought (new song)
12. Zodijackyl Light
13. Final Resistance
Outro: Ex Nihilo

Okay, where are the rest of those pictures of Mikael from Saturday-night? There should be dozens of them around, why is no-one posting them? :confused:

I would guess people are currently blackmailing Mikael with them ("These pictures are going to be posted everywhere, unless you start selling DT-boxers - oh, and send me three pairs right away, or I'll show these pics to your mom!"). Such bad people they are. :p

About the setlist, a few short comments here:

The Sun Fired Blanks was a slightly surprising opener (even more so as they played The Wonders at Your Feet later in the set anyway - I kind of thought they wouldn't play TWaYF at all, if not opening with it), but a very good one at that. It grabbed the whole audience (well, at least me) immediately and set the pace for the whole show - fast, trashy songs with a few mellow parts here and there for the extra flavor, perfect material for such an outdoor-concert in the middle of the day. Sadly though, that meant no Hedon or Lethe would have fit in too well with the other songs or the general atmosphere of the show. Well, perhaps next time we'll see them indoors somewhere...

Of the 13 songs played, nearly half (ie. 6) were from their latest album. And even though I like Damage Done very much, that was still a bit too much. The Treason Wall was performed very well, but still I think it should have been replaced by some older song. Also, Hours Passed in Exile should have replaced Monochromatic Stains, IMHO, although I believe the latter is liked by too many people to leave it out from their set for some time. White Noise / Black Silence, Single Part of Two, Damage Done and Final Resistance deserved their place in the set well, I believe.

Once again, the highlight of the DT-show for me was the very Punish My Heaven. I really don't have the words to describe how I felt when I heard the first chords, or when Mikael sang the last words ("I'll go") with his tearful voice. :cry: Beautiful.

Of only two songs from Haven album, they surprisingly played both of my favorites, TWaYF and the title-track. And they played them both very well. Thus, I shouldn't probably complain, but I still feel like having either Not Built to Last or Rundown somewhere in the set would have been a good choice.

ThereIn was a bit unnecessary for me, but as so many people seem to like it, and as the band played it very well, I won't complain. The same goes to Zodijackyl Light, although I must once again stress how much more I like that song live than on record - the difference in emotional impact is huge! Anyways, the infamous "sudden stop" has become a bit old and I for one was expecting the audience to be better prepared to it - apparently they hadn't watched Live Damage carefully enough :Smug:. Poor Mikael trying to hush the confused audience silent was rather funny, though. :)

I really can't say much about One Thought after hearing it only once (and in such an emotionally charged situation even) - except that it sounds very promising. The semi-industrial parts that "broke" the song truly hit me. I can't wait until January the get the new album.

All in all, a great show, and the second best experience of the whole weekend, with only the meeting with the band at Saturday-night surpassing it (and possibly the "My Hole, Your Hole" game we played there... :D ).

-Villain

That set list is ace! Opening with Sun fired blanks rules!!! Hear me DT? Thats a good Idea!!! Open with it all the time ;)

One day I will see them perform and I will be equally as moved by Punish My heaven :headbang: :kickass:

Whats the my hole/your hole game? Is that the one Rusty won?

Yes, I did indeed win My Hole, Your Hole, to be given the title of "Owner of the Best Hole on the Planet", I think. However, that needs condensing somewhat so I can fit it in the member title space. I also cracked Salamy's finger in the final round. :cool: I never realise Ville enjoyed it quite so much though, that it rivals the DT stuff. :lol: I'll see about posting my pics when I get them developed, though there's only 4 on the end of my film and none will be embarrassing for anyone except me.

As for the setlist, Zodijackyl Light was unsurprisingly the highlight for me, though I was a little disappointed not to get anything else from The Mind's I... but still, I really can't complain, it (the whole gig) was damn amazing.

rahvin took these with my camera:

05.jpg

06.jpg

Violet Baudelaire said:
he told me his name (i was next to him) but i dont remember
he was *really* drunk

heres one, a bit big but i didnt resize it as i think you want all details
todoUM
It seems I'm so late to post this...
but anyway!!! very friendly group pic!!!!
EVERYONE IS DRUNK!!!!!!

WOOOhhhOO:hotjump:HOOOO!!!!!!!

what's with the silly smirk on my face? was the photographer showing us his/her tits at the time? :Smug:

oh yes, baby is still travelling so may have trouble uploading pics...... and as per the other thread, anyone who was there can ask me or Maria for access to my photobucket account. Will get around to posting pics soon.

People! Pics are great, setlist is awsome! And you all look as a big family! :)
I wish I had a chance to be there...