Dubstep Metal Mix

ermsyc

New Metal Member
Dec 11, 2010
South Texas

This is my first post so let me know what you guys think.
Haven't recorded bass for this track yet. Just recorded it today.

Guitars are podx3, big bottom on treadplate cab, dynamic mic i think.
No eq, just lowpass at 12000hz and hi pass at 60hz. they probably need additional eq, but everytime i mess with it i end up liking it better with no eq.:err:

Drums are a bunch of samples i found on the forums here.:rolleyes:

electronic stuff was all done with Native Instrument's Massive. :worship:

Last edited by a moderator:
electronic stuff is way too loud in the mix bro, but other than that i like it try taking some of 4.5 k out of the guitars

I love it, the electronic stuff is pretty fucking awesome, especially at: 0:34, I love it. It's indeed a bit loud. Snare has too much reverb for me but that's taste I guess.

thanks for your comments guys. yea i thought the electronic stuff might have been a bit too loud. i'll try taking some 4.5 k out of the guitars and see how it sounds. i'll re-post it later and record some bass for it.:)

Recorded bass for it. brightened snare and put less reverb. cymbals louder. different china. different kick. took out some 4.3-5 k on guitars. lowered dub stuff a lil.

Recorded bass for it. brightened snare and put less reverb. cymbals louder. different china. different kick. took out some 4.3-5 k on guitars. lowered dub stuff a lil.

Sounds ALOT better now, I really dig it. Good job. :)

This is my first post so let me know what you guys think.
Haven't recorded bass for this track yet. Just recorded it today.

Guitars are podx3, big bottom on treadplate cab, dynamic mic i think.
No eq, just lowpass at 12000hz and hi pass at 60hz. they probably need additional eq, but everytime i mess with it i end up liking it better with no eq.:err:

Drums are a bunch of samples i found on the forums here.:rolleyes:

electronic stuff was all done with Native Instrument's Massive. :worship:

I think you'll find I'll be singing over this ma laddy! ;)