Dungeon to change name

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
[size=-1][font=Courier New, Courier, monospace][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] Leading Aussie power / thrashers Dungeon have parted ways with their long-time guitarist Stu, and bassist Glenn. The band, who recently returned from a successful world tour supporting Megadeth and Metal Church, also announced that their next 3 shows will also be their last shows under the name of Dungeon. For the full story, the band’s future plans and statements from every member, visit www.dungeon.cd[/font][/font][/size]

Whew... Lord Tim really gives you a very detailed story behind the member change-up and name change.

I really like their 2004 release, One Step Beyond, and until I read the lengthy description on their site, never knew about Lord Tim's solo project "Lord".

The strange news is that even though the band Dungeon is officially disbanned, they are going to release a new album soon...??? I'll get it and will also look into his solo CD.

Now that Lord will now be a band and not just a solo project, I am sure it will continue on in traditional Dungeon fashion.

I may be a tad biased here but I disagree with that. ;)

We were actually doing a lot of what people are accusing us of stealing from these other bands first. What a lot of people don't know is we were around since 1989 and doing this stuff back then, but being from Australia, and unsigned at the time, other bands got the recognition first.

People could argue that we should change what we do to be different to what these other bands are doing but frankly why should we? We enjoy what we do and we believe in what we do. Changing for any reason other than your own musical growth reaks of sell-out, which is one thing we have never and will never do - love what we do or not.

Even though Dungeon has disbanded as a live outfit, there is indeed a final album out this year called The Final Chapter, capping off the 16 years we were around and saying thank you to the people who did enjoy what we did (seems to be a minority in this thread! :p ). I'd encourage the doubters to check that out and see what Dungeon was really about - that's the definitive Dungeon album IMO.

If you like that, you'll probably also enjoy the future direction of LORD, which will be following on stylistically from that album.

Hope that sets the record straight a bit! :)

Cheers to all who said good stuff about us and enjoy what we do - we really appreciate it. :)

:worship: LORD! hey! i still look back on the day we drove to sydney to see you put on a show which totally blew us away, and downed megadeth as well!
enough of the suck :lol:
Cant wait for the new album, ive purchased one step and resurrection and both make me very happy! id love to get my hands on that dvd too but i havent been able to find it.

Trying to get more on-topic, dungeon are good, very infact. Lyrically, musically, and especially live! Though structures and some elements may seem all too familiar these days: their long existance grants them that right; as well as the fact that they remain totally original!

one of my favourite bands, and certainly my favourite australian metal'ers!

Dungeon was original to their sound. I mean come on Lord Tim has a distinct guitar sound and their music to those in Oz was very acceptable. I mean Dungeon in Oz were huge on the of biggest metal bands ever.
With Lord you get basically the same thing but with a couple new players to the band.
I in know way hear ant blanant rip offs what so ever in their music, plain and simply put Lord smokes!

Metal Warrior

Wow, i can't believe the man from dungeon himself replied to a forum post about his band. Much respect for a member of a successful band to stand up for his band, it's pretty sweet. Does ozzy ever write back when people say he's a stoner?

Wow, is this thread still going? :p

Cheers for the nice words there, everyone! :) One thing that Dungeon (and now LORD) wanted to keep doing as long as we could is to get in there and be regular people who you could chat to any time you wanted. It gets hard every now and then, but we do our best. We're always active on our forum here at UM and you're welcome to drop by anytime:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/lord-38/

:)

Tim we love you guys up here in Brissy........Have a great christmas and hopefully see you guys next year:kickass:

Resurrection is still my fave. Though, my copy is scratched, and "The Legend Of Huma" skips like crazy. A shame, that's my favorite song on the album.

From what I've heard of the new Lord material, it slays. Great work, Tim!:headbang: