DVD release 15th november

Hey Danny could you just point some light here? I read on the web stores its in PAL format, im afraid if i buy it i wont be able to see it here in Mexico since we use NTSC... help please !!!

Valedictory said:
Hey Danny could you just point some light here? I read on the web stores its in PAL format, im afraid if i buy it i wont be able to see it here in Mexico since we use NTSC... help please !!!

no worries. i bet that (sooner or later) it will be ripped to all known formats by pirates.

dead6skin6mask6 said:
hey Danny... think you could get audio or video of the peaceville songs and put it on the website? i think it would be a pretty cool thing to see

Good idea !
Is there any chance, Danny ?

Hurray! So what happened with the Peaceville songs? You guys overseas are lucky. Even though it is going to be released on the 15th, I guess I'm going to have to wait for the non-Pal version. :cry:
@sopel: I'd much rather wait and buy it than get the Pal version from pirates. Support the band!!
@anyone from the U.S. on this forum: Is converting Pal pricy? I've seen this place near my work that converts but have never been there. I might just do that if the NTSC version doesn't come out.

a_silent_enigma said:
@anyone from the U.S. on this forum: Is converting Pal pricy? I've seen this place near my work that converts but have never been there. I might just do that if the NTSC version doesn't come out.

you dont even have to convert NTSC DVDs to PAL! there are some sites where you can download something to burn to a CD, then put it in your DVD player to make it Region-Free, meaning you can play NTSC, PAL, and SECAM.
---------------------
Download the file FreeZoneLG6053.exe. The file should be 52,551 bytes long.
This is a self-executing RAR format file.
I recommend extracting with Stuffit or unrar (on a Mac) or winrar (on a PC)
rather than executing on a PC, on general principles of virus avoidance.

What you extract from this file is a disc image in bin/cue format, with file names 021022_0801.bin and 021022_0801.cue.
Use a CD burning program to create a CD from this disc image.
Don't just make a data CD with these two files on it!

--------------------------
There ya go :) That SHOULD work. It works for NTSC systems, so it could work for PAL. If not, don't blame me. If it fucks up your player, don't blame me. I just copied that from a website.

http://www.math.uga.edu/~djb/html/dvd.html

Blame him.

I pretty sure those rar files are only for making a dvd player region free (ie allow you to play region 1 on a region 2 dvd player etc). Ive never actually heard of bin files etc being used on a dvd player, only codes and the like so ya learn summat new everyday. The anathema dvd is probably region 0 so that shouldnt be a problem for american dvd players

AFAIK its the dvd player itself which has to have PAL compatibility and I think perhaps the TV too (im not sure on all this, im not a yank). I dont think a PROM flash or whatever that file does will fix that

most pal dvd players can play ntsc dvds if they are region 0, don't know if most ntsc dvd players play pal dvds without problem...

from my understanding the majority of NTSC TVs and DVD players (ie American) do not support PAL and there's nothing you can do about it.... at least that's what i was told. the region thing is easy to get around

@ the german/austrian/swiss peeps in here: anyone read anything about this dvd's release or saw its announcement somewhere in a shop, may it be online or not?