Dvd

If you think bootlegs hurt a band significantly you're stupid... they spread the band's name far and wide. In fact, if Metallica (and probably many other bands) didn't have such an army of bootleggers they never would have been popular today. They have said so themselves... unfortunately they no longer make good music. :)

I said this before, I'll say it again. I don't see what the big deal about bootlegs is. In the grand scheme, you're talking about tiny, tiny dollar amounts. And moreover, bootlegs are sought after and purchased by usually only the most die-hard of fans. You know, the kinds of people that support the bands ANYWAY. So who really gives a hoot if someone supports bootlegs or bootleggers anyway?

well, i would think that metallica sucess came from there black album:bah: and cause it sold the most out of any of there cds and the air time it got. but mayb were both right. but thats when ive seen alot more people likeing them. well i would say that bootlegging isnt that bad, but i wonder what would happen if you tried to sell it too alexi :D

I love bootlegs.... I know that cob would see nothing wrong with me collecting them because i own every release from ever label i know of!
I also own a ton of LPs

I own some bootlegs myself too, they are just CDR's. The artists don't loose any money whatsoever. Then why did I say 'don't support bootleggers?'
BECAUSE YOU ARE GIVING YOUR MONEY TO SOMEBODY WHO MAKES ALL THIS BOOTLEGS FOR 5$, MAKES HUGE PROFITS OF THIS AND GIVES NO MONEY TO THE BAND.
Bootlegs should be traded and the only format should be tape, video or CDR, no fucking fancy CD's.

Originally posted by bodomite
thats because your dvd player is probably an older model.... older models tend to do that with DVD-R discs

Nope. My DVD player was just manufactured in August 2001 and is a top of the line Sony. It does the same thing on my friend's DVD player. Oh well. :confused: