DVDR Stand Alone Unit

Don't know anyone with one yet Sixx..... but PLEASE keep us informed if you get one! I also want to get one but have been putting it off until the prices come down and they shake out all of the bugs.

Believe it or not the local Wally World has four different ones in stock & I'm looking at them. I prefer to get one that doesn't have the dual decks(vhs/dvd), they cost more & if the vhs shits the bed, there goes the entire unit. They have a couple Panasonics, a Magnavox & some other brand...
I might go with the Magnavox, as it is basically Philips.
I have three Rubbermaid tubs full of bootlegs that I'd like to transfer to DVDR.
I have about 50 Motley Shows, 30-40 KISS shows, 10 ZZ Top shows & then a tub full of misc shows... That's a lot of shit to transfer!

sixxswine said:
I have three Rubbermaid tubs full of bootlegs that I'd like to transfer to DVDR.

Same here. I have about 1000 shows (not all metal) that I'd like to get on DVD. Also have a bunch of old vhs tapes of 80's MTv metal vids.

sixxswine said:
I have about 50 Motley Shows, 30-40 KISS shows, 10 ZZ Top shows & then a tub full of misc shows... That's a lot of shit to transfer!

Remember Sixx, in 10 or 15 years from now you have to transfert all your stuff again to the next memory "thing" :loco: .... work ahead !!! I am transfering demo's and rare albums to MP3 format now, taking up houres and houres to do, but I'm sure it's worth passing all our stuff on to new media, otherwise some stuff definitly will get lost...

sixxswine said:
RVM was the shit. Unfortunatley, I left mine at people's houses & they never made it back to my place... JD you found the Sweaty video?! Fucking killer!
Demon Juice!
yes! RVM was! it was how I found out about new bands back in the day ... Theres some I dont have anymore just cause I let a guy borrow em and I never got em back ... But I still have a bunch of em .... Yes I did find it! ... hahah we are prolly the only ppl here that know who they are!!!!! Demon Juice! What a trippy Video! :D

carnut said:
Remember Sixx, in 10 or 15 years from now you have to transfert all your stuff again to the next memory "thing" :loco: .... work ahead !!! I am transfering demo's and rare albums to MP3 format now, taking up houres and houres to do, but I'm sure it's worth passing all our stuff on to new media, otherwise some stuff definitly will get lost...
I think once VHS is eliminated like cassettes are, there will be only what we have now, CDR, DVDR & the MP3's that good enough for me.
Though, it always is tempting to switch to something else or try it out...

sixxswine said:
I think once VHS is eliminated like cassettes are, there will be only what we have now, CDR, DVDR & the MP3's that good enough for me.
Though, it always is tempting to switch to something else or try it out...

CD's and DVD's are my last format, and MP3's I guess. If something else comes along I'm not doing it!!