Dying Fetus

The Deathrace King

Necrobestiophile
Jul 19, 2002
The Left Hand Path
www.livejournal.com
Unfortunately, the only Dying Fetus album I own is their newest, 'Destroy the Opposition.' Since I got it a few weeks ago, its been constantly in my CD player... amazing album. :headbang:

So, a few questions...

1) What's your favorite song off of 'Destroy the Opposition?'

2) Rank the Dying Fetus albums you've heard.

I'm fairly broke at the moment, but I'm looking to pick up some more DF albums as soon as I get some cash.

Well i would have to say Killing on Adrenaline is my fav, then destroy the opposition, then Groteque Impalement, then i dont care after that cause i dont listen to the other two much. My favorite song on DTO is probably Praise the Lord or Pissing in the Mainstream.

I don't own any DF albums, but I have seen them play twice in the USA. Last time was in December 2000 in Worcestor, [pronounced Woosta]Massachusetts with Vital Remains, who slay live, Skinless, who also fucking slay, and some local band who were total shit.
DF from what I could tell through my drunken metal haze were pretty damn good live. Sorry to say though, Skinless and Vital Remains blew everyone away.
Skinless ALWAYS do an awesome live show, seen them 4 times now.
I guess I should get off my arse and get some Fetus huh? LOL

ok, I've only got their last three albums...

1. Killing on Adrenaline (on of the best albums EVER, of any genre)
2. Destroy the Opposition (sometimes too slow for me...)
3. Purification through Violence (the drumming on this one sucks IMO and the production is utter crap...has some good songs though)

I guess my favourite DF song is "We are your Enemy" from KoA (which is irionically one of the few (the only?) song written by their bassist, Jason Netherton, and not John Gallagher)
"Skullfucked" from PtV is cool too, because it sounds totally sick-agressive, but as I said...the drumming and production sucks on that album (and it's only 29 min. long!).

In case you didn't know: nowadays DF is practically dead...John Gallagher kicked out all other members and replaced them with other musicians...it's only the name that remained. And from what I've heard the new line-up sucks live...

But that doesn't really matter, because all the guys who were kicked out (Jason Netherton (bass), Kevin Talley (drums) and Sparky Voyles (guitar) ) are now in "Misery Index" who have already released one MCD and now a split with some other band. You should check them out...I know it sounds confusing, but Misery Index is the real Dying Fetus now ;)

http://www.misery-index.com

I've only heard "Destroy The Opposition," and I was damned impressed. I was expecting 'wall of sound' nonsense, but DF manages to lay down wicked riff after wicked riff. This one is a headbanger's delight. So what's the recommendation for a next Dying Fetus record?