DYNAMO 2005 review and pics!

spacebeer

Thrash Bastard
Apr 2, 2005
www.enforcer-metal.com
Ok well yesterday was DYnamo, outdoors festival luckily it was in a huge tent this year because the weather plain sucked balls!

ANyway basically the same bands that were of my interest, LAAZ ROCKIT, TESTAMENT, OBITUARY and the original ANTHRAX line up which I was psyched to see!

First of all LAAZ ROCKIT didn;t work as well on the big stage as in the club last night, but they still delivered! it was killer to see em back at the Dynamo after 15+ years, sadly this will most probably be the last we'll hear from them!

We almost missed the gig because the cops set us aside the road when we drove to the festival because we had to make way for some bikers who had to drive a course just over the road to the fest...anyway we only missed one song in the end.

Then it was TESTAMENT who kicked even more ass than the night before, glad to say at leats the first four songs Eric used his 3-PU black Caddilac again! the setlist was only of the first 6 albums so only oild school stuff...huge moshpit good crowd reaction, but next time they come over they should definately have some new material to present!

OBITUARY..well I was like "OK they're here I think I wanna see em" but they kicked ass. Normally I am not totally into that kinda music but they made a kickass show onstage. Some highlights were "threathning skies" and "slowly we rot" mosly old material was played on stage and one song from the forthcoming album.

Then some boring band with John Oliva singing till we got to the headliner todat THRAX! I was psyched and also aware my expectation might be too high at the same time... BUt to make an end to all myths Joey sings just as good or amybe maybe even better than in 1987! He kicked all kinds of ass, really he was allover the stage he sung the classics totally effortless even "Death rider".
It was amazing how JOEY fronted the band after just a few gigs..totally self confident like he never left!

Of course his announcements were old school but he interacted with the crowd killer and he went down very good! ANTHRAX definately got the best crowd reaction...huge MOsh Pit eventhough they were the last band and most people endured 12 hours of very bad weather already!

On the downside I have to mantion SCOTT's guitar tone SUCKED BALLS! I dunno why the hell he started using those RANDALL amps but I never heard heard such a bad live tone from him. DAN's tone also sucked bad but was not as bad as SCOTT's....hell these guys should be sent to the TESTAMENT guys for a course "what equipment to use, and how to dial it in"!

CHARLIE was very professional and solid as always, and FRANKIE....hell what can one say about FRANKIE, he is killer, down to earth and togheter with JOEY the stage presence of the band! he was banging like a berserker and running round all the time.

I have to say DAN also had more of a stage act than he used to, which is good and he played his leads very well too...only his tone....I don;t know what was up with the guitar tone last night but luckily when they both played togheter it sounded halfway decent....Dan's lead tone was OK, but the rhythm AARGHHHH!

SCOTT was SCOTT like he always was and always will be, he was very much into the show. The set list was about the same as the other shows only they didn't play "armed and dangerous", "gung ho" and "belly of the beast" which is a shame but that the festival schedule! The sound was killer and ultra clear and everything was recorded and filmed I am pretty shure they'll at leats use the "Chuck Billy" moment on the DVD!

They did play for 90 minutes and it was definately BY FAR the best ANTHRAX show I ever seen and judging from the crowd reactions the 5,000 others though the same! highlight was Chuck Billy who came onstage to do the WARDANCE with, he bowed down for ANTHRAX and Joey bowed down for him this was just classic!!!

CHUCK BILLY RULES! ANTHRAX RULES!

Here's the pics!

LAAZ ROCKIT

CIMG3126.jpg

CIMG3131.jpg

This were my shoes after 10 minutes of festival!

CIMG3133.jpg

OBITUARY

CIMG3135.jpg

Cheers!

CIMG3138.jpg

TESTAMENT

CIMG3141.jpg

CIMG3150.jpg

CIMG3160.jpg

CIMG3166.jpg

ANTHRAX

CIMG3187.jpg

CIMG3188.jpg

CIMG3190.jpg

:headbang: Thanks for posting the pics man! It's cool that Chuck Billy joined em on stage! Chuck rules! :headbang: I take it he did a song with Anthrax? It woulda kicked ass to hear Joey and Chuck do a duet! :headbang:

He did do the shouts "territory" etc and the chorus in "Indians" first with Joey and later at the mic with Scott he stayed on stage til the end of the song constantly banging his head!

spacebeer said:
He did do the shouts "territory" etc and the chorus in "Indians" first with Joey and later at the mic with Scott he stayed on stage til the end of the song constantly banging his head!

Awesome! :headbang:

if that is so go and see em both bands are amazing! LAAZ ROCKIT was amazing too though I realise they are a little more obscure but a definitive tip for the thrashers!

It was in a huge tent...so you could stand inside dry LOL, it was freaking bad weather outside, we had a few rays of sun in the afternoon, but overall it was horrible!

Luckily there was the tent HAHAHAHAHA! was very cool crowd was kickass too, there was about 5-6,000 people which is a VERY decent turnout cosiddering the line up (ANTHRAX was the only really "well known" band, and even they played to only 300 people in a small club last year), the weather and the ticket prices!

I am pretty shure a part of the draw was the Dynamo name, but I am 100% convinced the original ANTHRAX drew a lotta people too, I saw a group of Germans who came with headdresses on, there were people from France, England and Canada..and those were just the guys I have spoken with...who knows from were they came!

thraxx said:
I here Anthrax and Testament are doing a Tour together.....

don't say it unless you mean it, I don't want to imagine that great of an event just in my heado_O

see, this is where not having too many stellar fests in the US sucks, I wish that meant it could be that fall tour we hear about. If it isn't due to Testament not touring much with the reunited lineup, it would be excellent to see at a one off or fest but we don't have any of those come fall time. :ill:

I hope you guys get such a tour! all I know is Chuck Billy watched the entire ANTHRAX set from the side and came on stage during "indians" and made worship movements so he obviously likes ANTHRAX!

spacebeer said:
I hope you guys get such a tour! all I know is Chuck Billy watched the entire ANTHRAX set from the side and came on stage during "indians" and made worship movements so he obviously likes ANTHRAX!

Cool! :headbang:

Well they DO go way back! Anthrax brought Testament over to Europe in 87 for their first time as support for the Among Tour.

Trivia: Guess who was Charlie's drum tech at the time???? A fresh faced, longhaired chap by the name of John Tempesta, who as everyone knows, has gone on to play for (among zillions) Testament.
Keep it in the family indeed!!

t-rave said:
Him and Joey remained friends I believe.... An Anthrax /Testament US fall tour would be too awesome for words...maybe throw Exodus or Overkill on the bill as a third act!

That tour would rule beyond all belief! :worship: :headbang: