DYNAMO PRE PARTY LAAZ ROCKIT and TESTAMENT

spacebeer

Thrash Bastard
Apr 2, 2005
www.enforcer-metal.com
Well just woke up! pff today to the Dynamo fest I was in bed 5:30 last night slept 3 hours and now off to the Dynamo! Yesterday was the warming up party in the Effenaar club in Eindhoven!

Geez kickass, first of all there was stormrider a metal cover band but not JUST a metal coverband it's Marcel Coenen's band I dunno if you ever heard of him but he is one of Holland's best guitarists, he is in the same league as a Michael Angelo! they were awsome, playing everything from simple songs like ACCEPT or PRIEST to very very difficult ones from TOXIK (Never heard any band cover those guys!!!) and DEATH.

Then the one off reunion of US metal gods LAAZ ROCKIT does anyone here remember them?? "city's gonna burn, "know your enemy", "annihilation principle" do any of thse albums ring a bell?? anyway KILLER to be finally able to see those guys live in the original line up!

The club was sold out weeks in advance it was so freaking crowded it wasn;t even funny, I didn;t expect much from LAAZ but they went down stormy!

Only played classics like "fire in the hole", "prelude", "euroshima", "city's gonna burn", "forced to fight"

Here's Michael Coons wearing a wig HAHAHAHHA!

LAAZ1.jpg

LAAZ2.jpg

Willy Lange of Dutch decent he even knew a few Dutch words "GODVERDOMME!!!"

LAAZ3.jpg

Phil Kettner, does anyone recognize him??

LAAZ4.jpg

LAAZ5.jpg

LAAZ6.jpg

Aaron Jellum, geez he has changed!

LAAZ7.jpg

Then TESTAMENT was on, well I must say this was the best TESTAMENT gig I ever saw, the sound was clear and very loud....I never thought but here too they destroyed any other incarnation of the TESTAMENT line up I ever saw! I must say Scolnick doesn;t fit in optically anymore but he plays like he always did and that is leagues above most others!

This also as the original line up with Greg Christian, Louie Clemente and Eric Scolnick!

TESTAMENT1.jpg

TESTAMENT2.jpg

TESTAMENT3.jpg

TESTAMENT4.jpg

We met Chuck after the show! he told us there was no word on the release of the new TESTAMENT disc yet and there was a possibility they were gonna record it in the original line up!

HANSENCHUCK.jpg

I read a statement recently stating that nostalgia was bad, lemme tell it shure didn't feel bad yesterday...even better this is the way metal should be!

Now off to Dynamo with LAAZ ROCKIT, OBITUARY, TESTAMENT and the original ANTHRAX appearing!

And that Coonz guy with a wig looks like chubbier Joey Belladonna,
Dutchy you didn´t go to see Dynamo?

They also which from "the ritual" the album played?
chuck_billy!!!!!

spacebeer said:
Yeah only old shit!

Souls Of Black
Practise What you Preach
Into The Pit
Over The Wall
Disciples Of The Watch

etc etc it was awesome!

I hope they will return soon to play the clubs...I really wanna see em again...even contemplated to go abroad to see ANTHRAX again, this may be the only chance ever to see the original lineup....who knows what happens after the tour!

He did only half the set and John Tempesta the other...but he did it pretty well, though you cold obviouly see he was out of the game for years, John Tempesta had more power....

they did electric crown and let go of my world last night, from the ritual.

louie did not bad for not having played drums in 13 years!
but tempesta destroyed!!

go and see testament on this tour. they kicked serious ass last night in london. the vibe was amazing!!

skolnick was amazing too!