Each step I take, may it hurt, may it ache, leads me closer and closer to ProgPower..

Yeah, for all the weird stuff I've seen on this board over the past few months, that is the only time I can remember someone being.....closed-minded I guess. I mean, no one busted your balls too badly over the Renaissance thing, Lady, even though I'm sure alot of people thought you were real weird. I don't drink, but I would never look down on people who choose to, until the drive and crash (then I get to arrest em!)

"
Well that's fine that you drink resonsibly. But I don't care. I think drinking is stupid and pointless, and I look down on anyone who drinks. "

It sounds like someone is just jealous that they can't drink because they're not old enough......

Drinking is a CHOICE. Please don't criticize people for that. Besides, the last thing you want to do is piss people off before the show!! You will miss out on the greatest people you'll ever get the chance to meet and that's a guarentee.

No one was crazy drunk last year- except the keyboardist from Evergrey who got sick in the lead singers shoes:).....

- Sheri
:Shedevil:

Originally posted by prog2112
"

No one was crazy drunk last year- except the keyboardist from Evergrey who got sick in the lead singers shoes:).....

- Sheri
:Shedevil:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah... Actually it was the Bass player (Capt'n fastbeer!) who had the puke in his toes, remember Sheri? Poor Mike... I told him to bring several pairs of socks this year just in case it happens again!

:puke: :yuk:

Originally posted by Dustin
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah... Actually it was the Bass player (Capt'n fastbeer!) who had the puke in his toes, remember Sheri? Poor Mike... I told him to bring several pairs of socks this year just in case it happens again!

:puke: :yuk:

:lol:

Originally posted by LadyLovelyLocks
Well that's fine that you drink resonsibly. But I don't care. I think drinking is stupid and pointless, and I look down on anyone who drinks.

I have to agree that this was a very sad statement. It's not your place to judge anyone for a personal choice they make that you don't agree with. You might want to try a bit of tolerance, you'll find it useful once you reach adulthood..

Originally posted by LadyLovelyLocks
Well that's fine that you drink resonsibly. But I don't care. I think drinking is stupid and pointless, and I look down on anyone who drinks.

Gee, thanks. I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. :/ I think those who go around "looking down on" people who choose behaviors different from their own are arrogant and missing out on a lot that life has to offer.

Shaye

Originally posted by Wishmaster
Beer! Beer!

I mean... Hear! Hear! :)

A point very well made, Shaye! I know many people (including myself) that enjoy partaking of tasty brewed beverages from time to time. The trick is that they know their limits, and don't drink solely for the purpose of getting drunk. There were a lot of drinkers last year, but can't recall a single one of them being rowdy or abusive. The progPower crowd is too laid back for that sort of thing.

So, a toast to good times at ProgPower with the beverage of your choice! :)

lol, thanks, sugar! Your opinions, being that you imbibe so rarely in my experience means a lot!

Shaye

Originally posted by prog2112

Drinking is a CHOICE. Please don't criticize people for that. Besides, the last thing you want to do is piss people off before the show!! You will miss out on the greatest people you'll ever get the chance to meet and that's a guarentee.

You got that right! ProgPower draws an amazing group of interesting (and generally very well-behaved-without-being-totally-boring :) people, and I hate to see comments that sour my enthusiasm for meeting someone, especially when there are so few women--I also like to meet other women into metal! :/ Ah, well, hopefully she will think about what others have had to say and not miss out on meeting a lot of quite possibly the coolest bunch of fans in the world!

Shaye

Look, I don't care what all of you say. That wasn't a bad comment that I said, it was true. I just hate alcohol, that's it! I can respect you all because your nice people, because your cool, because your smart, and especially because you're all metal fans. But I don't respect ANYBODY for their drinking habbits. Not even my own sister. Even though she may only drink a little bit. I'm sorry. That's just the way it is! And I'll have you know that I am not ignorant for standing up for my beliefs and telling you like it is. So won't you all please shut your alcohol stinking mouthes and lets get back to the reason I started this topic: To talk about Progpower!

So won't you all please shut your alcohol stinking mouthes

One more outburst like this and I will ban you from this board from here to eternity. Furthermore, if I had a choice, I'd ban you from my festival as well if you continue with this attitude. One lost ticket sale is not going to hurt my feelings one fucking bit.

I respect your beliefs, but I expect you to respect those that do not agree with you. I don't see anyone berating you for chosing not to drink.

Glenn H.

Amen GH!

Well, all this respecting and disrespecting is just silly. Why the put-downs? Let me be the first to say when I get to Atlanta, the only thing I'll be putting down is A COLD ONE! (Give or take a dozen...) If the tunic wearing contingent doesn't agree with my choices, they don't have to join in. Anyone else is welcome to meet me for a pre-show toast. And a mid-show refresher. Then maybe a post-show cool down. Then of course, the after show party at the hotel.....

I mean being that the choice of words that were used and the way that there was an outburst of sorts leads me to believe that there is a personal issue there that is being unleased on all consumers of the adult beverage. Just my opinion on that, I could be wrong.

Bear

@metal71 - I notice you're in the Las Vegas area. A buddy and I are coming over to Vegas before ProgPower. Any 'metal' places to hang out as a warm up for the main event?

You'll love Vegas. Especially now, it's about 65 degrees out. There are a few choice venues that feature metal acts at least once a week. Pink-E's, the Huntridge Theater, the Castle, House Of Blues, are just a few. Feel free to e-mail me when you know your dates, and I'll let you know who's going to be in town.

bob: lasvegasmetal@hotmail.com