Each step I take, may it hurt, may it ache, leads me closer and closer to ProgPower..

LadyLovelyLocks

Fantasy Princess
Sep 13, 2002
USA
Visit site
What are you doing to prepare for the concert?

Me? well I...

Convinced my parents to let me go.
Started saving up my money in May.
Bought two tickets on the first day. (one for me and my sister)
Got a bank account and a debit card.
made hotel reservatoins.
worked my ass off stripping the wax off of floors in order to get money.
Made a tunic to wear.
got a haircut. (so I wouldn't whip people when I'm headbanging)
Made a cape to hopefully sell before the concert to get extra cash. (but I don't think that'll happen now)
Registered on this forum to get all my questions about the concert out.
Bought special hair conditioner so my hair won't be all frizzy at the concert.
Tried to restrain myself from buying anything because I have to save.

Well I can't think of anything else. I still have to buy permanent markers, and disposeable cameras though. And I was gonna get my moms old camera fixed so I can take better concert photos. But I don't think that's gonna happen, it would be a hastle to lug around anyway. But oh man! She had that thing all fixed up and she used to take excellent concert pictures!:eek:

Me? Well as soon as I found out about the lineup I got my first job at a fast food joint so I could save up for the event. I got tix on the first day they were available and this cool dude by the name of Ed is letting me split a room with him. For the event Im bringing an assload of money, ATM card, so if for some ungodly reason something happens all my cash isnt gone, and a cd sleeve holder booklet and a silver autographing pen.

Oh btw I quit my shitty fast food job and work at an equally bad "entertainment superstore" now. Fun fun fun.

BUT IN LESS THAN THREE WEEKS IM GONNA BE AT PP III!!!

Ben

Yeah, I'm saving up as much money as possible to take with me and buy t-shirts and stuff. And I was also going to get my learners permit for driving so that I'd have an ID to use my credit card. Actually I should have got that two years ago, but I never cared to learn how to drive. LOL. Heh, the concert was the only reason I wanted one. But that doesn't seem to be happening (thanks to that damn-bullshit-home school company I'm registered with). So I'll just use an ATM machine.

I forgot to mention some thing before:
Bought pair of pants to wear to concert.

And today I got some cameras and markers, so I'm all set to go.

Just a question. How old are you? Im a young un myself here I feel like a kid. A whopping 18 as of September. Yea!!! WOOOO!!! Anyways I was just curious. There doesnt seem to be many under 21-ers going to Prog Power. So well be the lonely under aged people that cant get into bars. :(

Ben

Well, I'm 17. I'll be 18 in April.:cool: And if I were you, I wouldn't worry about getting into the bars. They can have their stinky intoxicated bars. You and me, we're too good for that!:cool: All alcohol does is make you stupid and drunk, and it makes you throw up:zombie: Then the next morning you wouldn't have all those wonderful memories of hanging out with your favorite bands! :( And besides, the only reason most people drink is because they think that they need it in order to have fun.:err: You don't need alcohol to rock!:headbang: So don't drink! Even when you are of age. I know I won't.:p

Yay I'm not the young'un of the group this year ... There is another guy coming and I think he is just 17 ... maybe 18 now but I think he was just 16 last year .. anyways he kicks ass! Us babies stick together! ;)

Originally posted by LadyLovelyLocks
What are you doing to prepare for the concert?

My current list of what I need to get or bring to ProgPower...

- A miniature elephant
- An orangatangagram
- An 800 lb. gorilla (or two 400 lb. gorillas)
- A baby seal
- A winnebago
- Something borrowed
- Something blue
- A bathroom monkey
- A cup of sour cream
- An enigmatic elf

I hope I'm not forgetting anything. :)

--Mike

Well, I'm 17. I'll be 18 in April.:cool: And if I were you, I wouldn't worry about getting into the bars. They can have their stinky intoxicated bars. You and me, we're too good for that!:cool: All alcohol does is make you stupid and drunk, and it makes you throw up:zombie: Then the next morning you wouldn't have all those wonderful memories of hanging out with your favorite bands! :( And besides, the only reason most people drink is because they think that they need it in order to have fun.:err: You don't need alcohol to rock!:headbang: So don't drink! Even when you are of age. I know I won't.:p

I don't think that's really a fair characterization of everyone who imbibes alcoholic beverages ever. I'm biased because I'm quite a drinker, I suppose, but I clearly remember last year's ProgPower though I drank then, and all of the Marillion convention weekend in April where I couldn't seem to get enough of that delicious Strongbow cider.

Not drinking is your choice, and I respect that and applaud you for it, but I ask that you respect those who do choose to drink responsibly as well.

Shaye

Yep I agree. Well spoken and I feel the same way. To add to that I barely even partied last Prog Power becuase I was on the crew and was burnt out by the end of the weeekend but this year we will be partying!!!! :Smokin:

Bear<-----------Havent Puked in years!!! :headbang:

Originally posted by Wishmaster
My current list of what I need to get or bring to ProgPower...

- A miniature elephant
- An orangatangagram
- An 800 lb. gorilla (or two 400 lb. gorillas)
- A baby seal
- A winnebago
- Something borrowed
- Something blue
- A bathroom monkey
- A cup of sour cream
- An enigmatic elf

I hope I'm not forgetting anything. :)

--Mike

Damn Bro I thought I was the only one into orangatangagram's :p

Would Arjen be considered an Enigmatic Elf??? :D

Bear

Originally posted by lady_space
Not drinking is your choice, and I respect that and applaud you for it, but I ask that you respect those who do choose to drink responsibly as well.

Beer! Beer!

I mean... Hear! Hear! :)

A point very well made, Shaye! I know many people (including myself) that enjoy partaking of tasty brewed beverages from time to time. The trick is that they know their limits, and don't drink solely for the purpose of getting drunk. There were a lot of drinkers last year, but can't recall a single one of them being rowdy or abusive. The progPower crowd is too laid back for that sort of thing.

So, a toast to good times at ProgPower with the beverage of your choice! :)

--Mike

Originally posted by Bear
Damn Bro I thought I was the only one into orangatangagram's :p

Would Arjen be considered an Enigmatic Elf??? :D

Well, you know us Southerners are into some pretty funky stuff. :D

And, yes, I'd say that Arjen would be the best pick for Prog's Enigmatic Elf title. :)

--Mike

*sigh* When will they make a calorie-free beer I wonder (without sacrificing the alcohol content)? It's a shame beer makes you pile on the pounds....or maybe that's just age and the loss of any metabolism you once had as a teenager! :mad:

Originally posted by JayKeeley
*sigh* When will they make a calorie-free beer I wonder (without sacrificing the alcohol content)? It's a shame beer makes you pile on the pounds....or maybe that's just age and the loss of any metabolism you once had as a teenager! :mad:

You know this is kind of funny. I have lost 30 Lbs this year and still continuing to drink my favorite beer (Sierra Nevada Pale Ale), I just don't drink during the week (sometimes) just eating healthier and exercising more. But I digress everyone is different.

Bear

I'm just sixteen, and two of my sixteen-year old friends will be coming as well (if the lazy scum will work out some transportation details!). I went last year and saw almost no one that looked to be my age, but I didn't care.

Let's see, most of my labors involving progpower have concerned the aquisition of tickets, the recruitment of friends to go with me, and the details of the trip to get there. I don't have any problem with getting the money, I'm just going as a Christmas present basically (and getting almost nothing for Christmas). My dad, through his frequent attendance at some hotel chain (I forget the name), was able to get a SUITE for FREE, and we'll be driving, so it's really not that expensive.

I failed to buy the tickets before they sold out (was out of town, though I probably could have ordered them anyway if I'd really thought they had a chance of selling out so quickly). I spent a couple months looking for various auctions and trying to get some tickets without going bankrupt. I managed to get four tickets (for me, my friends, and my dad) at about $120 each. My stupid lazy friends live in a different state, and they are too incompetent and unresourceful to arrange transportation to my house (from which we will depart to Atlanta), so I will probably have to call one of their mothers or something.

LAST YEAR I had more trouble in some ways, less in others. My dad was temporarily working in Atlanta, so a friend and I just flew in and stayed with him. It was more difficult to convince him to let us do that, however. My parents didn't really like the idea of me flying basically alone at 15, especially after the terrorist attacks, but I managed to convince them. It was not difficult at all to convince my dad to take me this year, since he rather enjoyed the festival last year (perhaps a surprise to him, who had not heard much metal), and since I recently moved to a new location, halfing the distance from my house to Atlanta, we will be able to drive this year.

Anyway, there's my little tale.

Originally posted by lady_space
I don't think that's really a fair characterization of everyone who imbibes alcoholic beverages ever. I'm biased because I'm quite a drinker, I suppose, but I clearly remember last year's ProgPower though I drank then, and all of the Marillion convention weekend in April where I couldn't seem to get enough of that delicious Strongbow cider.

Shaye

Well that's fine that you drink resonsibly. But I don't care. I think drinking is stupid and pointless, and I look down on anyone who drinks.

Update: Made checklist of things to bring on the trip. Gathered things together.

All alcohol does is make you stupid and drunk, and it makes you throw up:zombie:

I used to be that way, guzzle as much alcohol as I could to get a massive buzz within an hour, pass out. Years of hard drinking teach one to pace themselves to a finite number of beers an hour. This results in a night that goes on forever and a minor hangover, if any, that can be fixed with a few Ibuprofins. But with all of the excitment I'll probably end up lying in a puddle. :ill:

Then the next morning you wouldn't have all those wonderful memories of hanging out with your favorite bands!

or all of the retarded things I say while caught up in the drunken excitement.

:( And besides, the only reason most people drink is because they think that they need it in order to have fun.:err:
Same reason we smoke while drinking. It is fun. The drinking fills in all of the boring gaps while other people are talking. :p

You don't need alcohol to rock!:headbang:
Agreed. Look at all of the guitarists that have lost their jobs over alcohol problems. Look what it did to Motley Crue and Def Leppard. Ahhh, but drinking an 18 pack with some friends and watching A-Team reruns every Saturday night Rocks! Or not.

Sorry for being a retard. I just thought it'd be fun.