So far, I have lost 45.2 lbs on the ProgPower diet!

Yep…i was so used to eating what I wanted… then BAM!!!! Metabolism slow down and there it went – 10 lbs instantly….
Fast Food is becoming a thing of the past (except the occasional breakdown), I now watch what I eat and eat breakfast like a good girl.
I looked my best in my opinion at 32 and worked out 2 hours a week maybe. Now I think I am in the best shape of my life with Kickboxing, weight training, cardio – 6 hours a week of work but still will probably never look like that again. But that is okay, growing old is rough – but it is a great ride.

BABS said:
Same here. My problem is that I still have the mind-set of a teenager with my eating habits and that just simply has to stop. That means no more fast food (or only once in a great while), time for the Ho Hos and other packaged convenience foods to go bye bye (sniffles)...

Originally Posted by BABS
Same here. My problem is that I still have the mind-set of a teenager with my eating habits and that just simply has to stop. That means no more fast food (or only once in a great while), time for the Ho Hos and other packaged convenience foods to go bye bye (sniffles)...
rottingflesh said:
Yep…i was so used to eating what I wanted… then BAM!!!! Metabolism slow down and there it went – 10 lbs instantly….
Fast Food is becoming a thing of the past (except the occasional breakdown), I now watch what I eat and eat breakfast like a good girl.
I looked my best in my opinion at 32 and worked out 2 hours a week maybe. Now I think I am in the best shape of my life with Kickboxing, weight training, cardio – 6 hours a week of work but still will probably never look like that again. But that is okay, growing old is rough – but it is a great ride.
I'm right there with ya, ladies! I finally kicked the junk/fast food habit about 5 or 6 years ago, but I just can't give up the beer. :kickass: I have to say, I've been working out since my second kid (nothing slows your metabolism like pregnancy, not even age!) 15 years ago but since kicking the bad food habits, I'm in the best shape of my life. Though like Linda said, age is a relentless bastard and I definitley don't have the youthful glow of ten years ago. But yea, it's a great ride and I wouldn't go backwards for anything, though a little Botox might be nice. :zombie:

BEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am with ya.
maybe we should all get together and eat junk food at PP.. :)

AMBR said:
I'm right there with ya, ladies! I finally kicked the junk/fast food habit about 5 or 6 years ago, but I just can't give up the beer. :kickass: I have to say, I've been working out since my second kid (nothing slows your metabolism like pregnancy, not even age!) 15 years ago but since kicking the bad food habits, I'm in the best shape of my life. Though like Linda said, age is a relentless bastard and I definitley don't have the youthful glow of ten years ago. But yea, it's a great ride and I wouldn't go backwards for anything, though a little Botox might be nice. :zombie:

rottingflesh said:
BEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am with ya.
maybe we should all get together and eat junk food at PP.. :)
ooooh, a big grease fest! I'd be sick for days, but it would be worth it. Visions of nachos and french fries are dancing in my head!

AMBR said:
I've been working out since my second kid (nothing slows your metabolism like pregnancy, not even age!) 15 years ago but since kicking the bad food habits, I'm in the best shape of my life.

After my daughter was born I was back down to 5lbs over pre-pregnancy weight that I used to pass off as "baby fat". Well then whammo, after age 25 that extra 5 lbs, grew to 15, on and on. At first it was great, it gave me a bust (ha ha), but then came extra in places I didn't need it!

Being that "the baby" is now 14 years old - I think I can't attribute it to baby fat (giggle).

BABS said:
Congratulations! About a month ago I was given the good news (sarcasm) that my cholesterol is 245. So I've gotta really change some eating habits, get exercise into my life more than ever and on a consistent level.

Yep, the threat of shelling out hundreds of dollars per year on cholesterol-lowering medication is a powerful motivator. (Although narcissism is good, too).

I was a candidate for cholesterol medication until I dropped 30 pounds – and shaved 60 points off my total cholesterol. I figure that money is MUCH better spent on traveling to shows and buying CDs, rather than donating it to some pharmaceutical company.

I agree with the previous comments that it takes permanent changes in order to keep weight off. I finally seem to have “got it” this time around. I’ve kept my weight off for about 18 months by making good choices MOST of the time, although I haven’t completely lost my taste for junk food. Perhaps if I wear a special nametag at PP, someone might be kind enough to intervene if I am spotted at an Atlanta restaurant in the midst of a deep-fried food bender? :ill:

Congrats to EDVANTASIA on the 45+ pounds lost...what a fantastic accomplishment!

AMBR said:
Though like Linda said, age is a relentless bastard and I definitley don't have the youthful glow of ten years ago.

Aww Ann Marie, I'd still do ya.

Uh..if I swung that way, that is.

;)

LunaTEKKE said:
Yep, the threat of shelling out hundreds of dollars per year on cholesterol-lowering medication is a powerful motivator. (Although narcissism is good, too).

Yeah, I agree. I've got the genetic/hereditary high blood pressure thing going for me, so I'm working on getting/staying motivated to keep exercising and watching what I eat. My doc says I'm too young to go on any medication, which I appreciate, but... :ill:

I agree with the previous comments that it takes permanent changes in order to keep weight off. I finally seem to have “got it” this time around. I’ve kept my weight off for about 18 months by making good choices MOST of the time, although I haven’t completely lost my taste for junk food. Perhaps if I wear a special nametag at PP, someone might be kind enough to intervene if I am spotted at an Atlanta restaurant in the midst of a deep-fried food bender? :ill:

Have you noticed that you really do crave it LESS? Don't get me wrong, sometimes McDonalds sounds WONDERFUL but it's in my diet a heck of a lot less. I'm not 18 months into anything like you (congrats!) and I'm moving very slowly (eh, oh well), but I've been working on making permenent changes in eating rather than losing weight faster (or so I repeat to myself often).

Congrats to EDVANTASIA on the 45+ pounds lost...what a fantastic accomplishment!

Agreed!!

-Sarah

TimeStitcher said:
Have you noticed that you really do crave it LESS? Don't get me wrong, sometimes McDonalds sounds WONDERFUL but it's in my diet a heck of a lot less.

Congrats on your efforts!

My experience has been similar to yours – the cravings are very much reduced, but I do occasionally get the urge for fast food or other old favorites. Usually, I can get through it by substituting lighter foods or having a small portion of the “real” stuff.

However, travel for work or vacation always poses the biggest challenge for me – which is why I might require a group intervention during the PP festivities. :)