Thoughts on the ProgPower DVD anyone???

I believe PoS chose not to have their show taped at PPUSA V.

Schizoid Man said:
Decent and entertaining DVD. I'm always mildly annoyed when people bitch about concert DVD's. Not everyone has accress to the Lucas Films production studio to produce a DVD.

My only complaint was that the Pain Of Salvation video was an older one, and not one from PPV. But I guess it's all a matter of permission.

Bryan and I just got done watching the main part and the stage crew stories. Good stuff! I love that Bryan's yelling of 'fuck? but not you' during Edguy got in there! I've heard the story from him, and when it happened on the video I just started laughing! That was great shit. Now to find that freakin' easter egg!

And on a personal note, I never heard about the guy who came onstage for Nightwish who had cancer. That story definately touched home with me (for obvious reasons). So I'd just like to say bravo to everyone who made that happen. Definately shows the true nature of this whole thing that is ProgPower. And I'm glad to now be a part of it, even if it is just as a fan.

Regor said:
And on a personal note, I never heard about the guy who came onstage for Nightwish who had cancer. That story definately touched home with me (for obvious reasons). So I'd just like to say bravo to everyone who made that happen. Definately shows the true nature of this whole thing that is ProgPower. And I'm glad to now be a part of it, even if it is just as a fan.

I've done a lot of pretty good things in my life, but with 20/20 hindsight, co-sponsoring Nightwish that year has to rank wayyyyyyyyy the hell up there. Even thinking back to it now, two years later, gives me goosebumps.

Okay.

Maria.

YOU FELL FOR THE JAMAICAN PICKUP LINE!!! Oh my gawd, girl, I lost all respect for you now...

...no I didn't. Who am I kidding?!!? LOL!!! Yeah, Claus and Lars talking about fucking Claus' mother happened again this year. Those guys have the filthiest sense of humor, it's great. And the broomstick! \m/

SQUEEEEEEZE THE ORANGES!!!

sh0kr0k said:
:cry: I can't believe you went there!!

Never assume that she won't take any discussion just a bit further into the gutter. :loco:

I think the DVD was cool as hell. I wish other European could see it so they'd want to do the festival. I like the B.C. Rich Warlock. ;)

Thanks for noticing the B.C. Rich. Both of us in the video team own a Warlock (purely by coincidence), so it was a given that the woodchuck had to play one as well.

ae
angry woodchuck productions

Yippee38 said:
I think the DVD was cool as hell. I wish other European could see it so they'd want to do the festival. I like the B.C. Rich Warlock. ;)

All I can say about the DVD is that the audio of the DVD is not the best available in the world. If you can't hear it, turn the volume up. If still you can't hear it, then you're just shit out of luck.

LOL This Harveston boy...

My thoughts on the DVD, plenty of good content on the DVD, I was giving Chris L a bunch of slack about it before we got a chance to see it, too bad the lapdance wasnt on it.

My only complaint is that the video footage is compressed quite a bit, on my big screen it looks like I'm watching the web versions of the videos. The audio sounded fine on my surround sound system (set to 2.0)

Bad Girl Tess said:
You shut up. I'll have Mike arrest you so fast!!

LOL I just saw that... LOL

He won't do anything until I don't send him his Atlantida CD. So with that said, Mike, you should have it within the next 10 or so years... .lol

AngraRULES said:
Mike...

I hope you arrest yourself... lol

Anymore in depth reviews on this DVD here??? I"m quite shocked it's not being talked about more. I figured there'd be a ton of posts on it. I'm just excited to get it I guess. I pre-ordered it through paypal, and looking forward to receiving once they ship in October. If anyone would take the time posting a good review, that would be much appreciated. What songs of the bands are there on the DVD? What type of footage are ya finding??. Perhaps alot of folks just didn't pick it up.

I know Glenn busted his ass on this, so I want to hear how everyone is enjoying it :)

Dusty