Progpower performances on DVD

oldboy

Oct 8, 2007
I recently bought the Jorn, and Rob Rock DVD's which were recorded at Progpower. I also have the Progpower V DVD. My question is: have there ben any other Progpower USA performances that are available on DVD?

Off the top of my head....

Redemption- Live from the Pit
Primal Fear- Live in the USA
Brainstorm- Honey from the Bs

New ones from Need, Pagan's Mind, and Seventh Wonder will be out in that order.

Off the top of my head....

Redemption- Live from the Pit
Primal Fear- Live in the USA
Brainstorm- Honey from the Bs

The first Redemption DVD too—Frozen in the Moment. I believe there's also a song from PPIII as a video file on Edguy's Hall of Flames CD.

Mystic Prophecy has a DVD of their performance as part of the digipak of their last album.

Mob Rules has a DVD of their performance as part of their box set.

Red Circuit also has a DVD of their performance as part of a digipak from their latest album.

I meant to jump on the forum yesterday to list all of the stuff I remember, which included everything posted thus far with the exception of Masterplan (thanks for mentioning that one, PromisedLand! I had no idea about it!), but I was too busy at work to do it.

As for anything that hasn't been mentioned yet, I believe that Primal Fear's "Live in the USA" features footage from their performance from the Thursday night show at ProgPower X. It's not exactly from the festival proper, but I'm sure that folks would be interested in seeing it, anyway.

Besides that, only the ProgPower V DVD compilation was mentioned. Let's not forget the Lucid Lounge DVDs for festivals VII, VIII, X, and XII. With that, I believe we have the complete video discography!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I meant to jump on the forum yesterday to list all of the stuff I remember, which included everything posted thus far with the exception of Masterplan (thanks for mentioning that one, PromisedLand! I had no idea about it!), but I was too busy at work to do it.

As for anything that hasn't been mentioned yet, I believe that Primal Fear's "Live in the USA" features footage from their performance from the Thursday night show at ProgPower X. It's not exactly from the festival proper, but I'm sure that folks would be interested in seeing it, anyway.

Besides that, only the ProgPower V DVD compilation was mentioned. Let's not forget the Lucid Lounge DVDs for festivals VII, VIII, X, and XII. With that, I believe we have the complete video discography!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

You know what I'd be into? Soundboard recordings from PPUSA performance, in CD or mp3 form. I'd listen to a whole set or gladly buy a compilation album of highlights. I don't watch a lot of concert DVDs but I love live albums.

Thanks for the reminder about the DVDs for Progpowers other that V. Will try to get some of those if available on amazon or ebay.

DGM also filmed their performance at XV for a "future DVD release", but no details have been forthcoming since then.

Also, not a DVD, but Withem recorded their entire set and released for free on YouTube.. It's quite excellent.

Hey, Glenn!

I didn't include the documentary released after ProgPower V because I saw that oldboy mentioned it in the first post. I think there was just some confusion caused by calling it a compilation. Either way, I think with everyone's help, we've covered all of the video footage that could be purchased. All of the footage, that is, except the DVD that was promised to us by Conception. ;)

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert