DORIAN invade ProgPower USA VII, film debut music video

Very TNT/Dokkenesque.... and yeah, very George Lynchish in the guitar department, which, being a huge GL fan, isn't a bad thing. IMpressive. I wasn't sure WHAT to think either, but their song on the sampler was impressive. Good AOR/Melodic hard rock...

Virtual Scott said:
Very TNT/Dokkenesque.... and yeah, very George Lynchish in the guitar department, which, being a huge GL fan, isn't a bad thing. IMpressive. I wasn't sure WHAT to think either, but their song on the sampler was impressive. Good AOR/Melodic hard rock...

I agree with the Dokken comparison...or Lynch Mob. I'm digging this song too. :)

Hope they didn't turn too many people off with their "publicity".

FataMorgana said:
I agree with the Dokken comparison...or Lynch Mob. I'm digging this song too. :)

Hope they didn't turn too many people off with their "publicity".

I have to admit that I was at first. Soon as I heard this song though.... everything changed. :headbang: Wish I had gotten one of the dvds they were handing out.

Sorry its pretty boring to my ears... Sounds like 80's leftovers, which alot of us do ourselves LOL Maybe I need to hear more...

Bear

For such a "professional" video, it is interesting that Jim Dorian's shirt pops on and off throughout it... damn it <slams fist on counter>, they deserve a refund.

IF the fun 80's re-hash is what they're going for, and for their sake I hope it is, perhaps they should market it that way (a la Brother Firetribe). But otherwise the song has a groovy Ratt-quality to it and the video is cheesy goodness... ho-ha-ha... no pun intended.

Whatever it is there going for, if it stays at the caliber as this 1st tune Im all for it.

I dont break music down by "generation" I break it down to whether it kicks my ass or it doesnt. This song definately kicks my ass. Its not fancy, its not overly thought out, its just fantastic hard rock with great melodies. Right up my alley.