PP USA VII: You won't see this *ANYWHERE* else ever....

It is about FUCKING TIME that rock stars put aside their egos and allow this kind of spontaneous performance to occur. Nothing makes an evening more special to fans than when they get something above and beyond what they've expected and paid for.

Glenn, this is the type of thing that I've come to expect from you, your organization, your planning and your PP vision. It's why I will continue to support this festival year after year. As a fellow promoter, you have my sincere admiration at what you've been able to accomplish here. Congratulations and THANKS FOR THE EXTRA EFFORT!

Slightly OT but related ... one of the highlights of Chicago Powerfest was when MORGANA LEFAY left the stage for their encore and didn't return after nearly 10 minutes. What was happening behind the scenes that we didn't know about was that the singer, Charles, was puking his guts out in the back-stage bathroom.

Not to leave the fans disappointed, the rest of the band came out and began to jam on covers. At one point, they started to play Pantera's "Walk." Bruce Hall from AGENT STEEL who was in the crowd, immediately jumped on-stage and began singing the song. This impromptu jam was just amazing and showed the flexibility and adeptness of all musicians involved.

Thanks to Glenn, we now have a similar but much more epic and organized event planned as a part of the evening! How cool is that ... :headbang:

Long live the ProgPower legacy!
Nathan

How long is Jorn's set going to be anyway? He'll be playing "covers" of most of the stuff he's done, and now this.... not that I'm complaining, the more jorn the better

Glenn, you clearly produce the premier product year after year. I trust completely that you will produce Russell Allen. This is the ultimate opportunity for him to showcase the Allen/Lande material. It would be foolish for him to deny your invitation. Symphony X, unless recording a DVD, can surely reschedule ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rockyracoon said:
Glenn, you clearly produce the premier product year after year. I trust completely that you will produce Russell Allen. This is the ultimate opportunity for him to showcase the Allen/Lande material. It would be foolish for him to deny your invitation. Symphony X, unless recording a DVD, can surely reschedule ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Symphony X is going to be on tour with Edguy during this timeframe.
Maybe if the paths cross...

Jasonic said:
I think Symphony X is going to be on tour with Edguy during this timeframe.
Maybe if the paths cross...
I couldn't find any info on either website as to a tour with SymphonyX and Edguy. In fact isn't one of the members of Symphony X ill and all touring is on hold.

From Blabbermouth
Progressive metallers SYMPHONY X have been forced to cancel their previously announced European festival appearances in June (Lorca Rock in Spain and Sweden Rock) due to "severe illness."

Commented SYMPHONY X bassist Michael LePond...

Pyramaze51 said:
I couldn't find any info on either website as to a tour with SymphonyX and Edguy. In fact isn't one of the members of Symphony X ill and all touring is on hold.

From Blabbermouth

It was a rumor I had heard. JAXX has both bands listed next to each other in the upcoming section. As I said, I "think" they are touring together. So no, no 100% concrete confirmation on this. Sorry if I created any confusion.

Jasonic said:
It was a rumor I had heard. JAXX has both bands listed next to each other in the upcoming section. As I said, I "think" they are touring together. So no, no 100% concrete confirmation on this. Sorry if I created any confusion.

Jaxx has been known to be wrong before. Only after something is listed as confirmed should you really trust it. Too many things have been listed in the upcoming section only to fall through for any one of numerous reasons.

Jasonic said:
Hey don't worry about, you just me all excited for a few minutes, that is a show i would travel from here to see(schedule a business trip to our offices in Reston Va, and heve my company pay for it):OMG:

Pyramaze51 said:
Hey don't worry about, you just me all excited for a few minutes, that is a show i would travel from here to see(schedule a business trip to our offices in Reston Va, and heve my company pay for it):OMG:

Yeah, I should have probably prefaced the statement before I made it.
It was a jerk reaction to reading the suggestion of Allen showing up, based on the rumor I heard.

Though due to their bassist falling ill, I guess anything is possible.