DORIAN invade ProgPower USA VII, film debut music video

Aug 5, 2006
FL
www.myspace.com
from http://www.TomMcDyne.com and http://www.myspace.com/JimDorianMusic

DORIAN invade ProgPower USA VII, film debut music video

Appearance:

JIM DORIAN and TOM MCDYNE will be in attendance for the entire ProgPower USA VII weekend including the pre-party. Jim and Tom have already chatted with quite a few of you from the official DORIAN MySpace page which contains over 1,300 friends, most of which are also on the ProgPower USA VII MySpace friend list. Jim and Tom look forward to meeting each and every one of you.

Audio:

DORIAN to release limited edition ProgPower USA VII version of "Sirens Scream" on ProgPower USA VII showcase CD. Slated to be track #2 on the 1st of 3 CD's, this track will differ from the version found on the DORIAN EP (TBA) in many ways, and will definitely be a collectors item.

Video:

DORIAN will be taking over the FLORIDA STATE THEATER towards the end of August for their debut music video "Sirens Scream". DORIAN have recruited GARY SCHUTT of SHUT UP PRODUCTIONS to direct, film, produce and edit the video. Running lights for DORIAN is the touring lighting director of MANOWAR, HOLY HELL and RHAPSODY OF FIRE. Additional lighting credits include music videos for OBITUARY and NOCTURNUS, both of which were featured on MTV HEADBANGERS BALL. Providing additional stage, rigging and lights is Steve Murray from PERFORMANCE STAGING SOUTH. Still photography and video contributions will be from Marea with DORIAN PHOTOGRAPHICS.

If details yet to be finalized permit, the full length video of "Sirens Scream" (ProgPower USA VII version) will be distributed via DVD simultaneously with the ProgPower USA VII showcase CD. Regardless if the DORIAN DVD is distributed at ProgPower USA VII or not, it will be released on the official DORIAN MySpace page September 14th when the ProgPower USA VII Pre-party kicks off.

Print:

DORIAN places full page ad in official ProgPower USA VII event program guide. As many of you know, the ProgPower USA VII event program guide is a very highly sought after item, and is only available to ProgPower USA VII attendees in very limited quantities. The DORIAN advertisement does NOT include the final DORIAN artwork, instead, it features a ProgPower USA VII theme. Taking on the daunting task of creating the DORIAN logo will be artist Ron Berman of Berman Studios, Inc.

For those of you unable to attend ProgPower USA VII, the DORIAN ProgPower USA VII event program guide advertisement and the final DORIAN artwork will also be made available for free download on the official DORIAN MySpace page September 14th when the ProgPower USA VII Pre-party kicks off.

Press:

DORIAN to announce remaining band members at ProgPower USA VII via all metal news websites. The names will be very familiar to anyone who even remotely follows the metal scene.

Performance:

For those of you who have attended any previous ProgPower USA, you know that this is the place where impromptu performances can happen anytime, anywhere. No guarantees, but anything is possible at ProgPower USA!

Interactive:

DORIAN video reports are planned and will be sent to all metal news websites throughout the ProgPower USA VII weekend. In addition to video reports, a "DORIAN webcam" and live chat are also planned.

Endorsements:

TOM MCDYNE to announce at least 2 new product endorsements. Tom had this to say, "I've been working closely with these guys since winter NAMM 2006, and I can hardly wait to let these endorsements out of the bag."

Merchandise:

If the printer can manufacture and deliver the product on time, there will be a VERY LIMITED amount of DORIAN t-shirts available at ProgPower USA VII. Otherwise, they will be available from the official DORIAN MySpace page for purchase.

Aftermath:

DORIAN ProgPower USA VII photos, video reports and full ProgPower USA VII review will be sent to all metal news websites and will also be available from the official DORIAN MySpace page.

DORIAN at ProgPower said:
Performance:

For those of you who have attended any previous ProgPower USA, you know that this is the place where impromptu performances can happen anytime, anywhere. No guarantees, but anything is possible at ProgPower USA!

I'm quite happy with the current lineup.

DORIAN is schedualed to be EVERYWHERE in CAPITAL LETTERS throughout progpower. Much like SNAKES ON A PLANE, expect DORIAN to be some kind of cult classic before DORIAN releases anything.

The headline makes it sound like they're going to rush the stage, kick off whoever's playing, and then perform to film their video.

INVADES!

DORIAN SPAM said:
DORIAN video reports are planned and will be sent to all metal news websites throughout the ProgPower USA VII weekend. In addition to video reports, a "DORIAN webcam" and live chat are also planned.

I can see the headlines now.

DORIAN EJECTED FROM PROGPOWER USA FOR ATTEMPTING TO DO WEBCAM VIDEO REPORT INSIDE VENUE.

DORIAN SPAM said:
DORIAN ProgPower USA VII photos, video reports and full ProgPower USA VII review will be sent to all metal news websites and will also be available from the official DORIAN MySpace page.

Is there a chance in hell that someone so publicity-conscious to put this statement together will bring the hammer down if they think a performance sucks ass?

Looks like some of you guys need to look up the definition of debut. Of course you dont know who dorian is. Neither do I!!! But I do know the definition of debut.

If the rest of their song is only half as good as the guitar solo on myspace they will be awesome.

So the Prog cd might be 3 cd's this time, thats cool. So figure each CD is probably 80 minutes, and figure 5 minutes per song would roughly be 16 tracks per CD. Thats 48 bands you havent heard of!

Oh, wait, make that 47!

Bill Wright said:
Looks like some of you guys need to look up the definition of debut. Of course you dont know who dorian is. Neither do I!!! But I do know the definition of debut.

If the rest of their song is only half as good as the guitar solo on myspace they will be awesome.

So the Prog cd might be 3 cd's this time, thats cool. So figure each CD is probably 80 minutes, and figure 5 minutes per song would roughly be 16 tracks per CD. Thats 48 bands you havent heard of!

Oh, wait, make that 47!

Friend of the band eh?

Bill Wright said:

Oh, wait, make that 47!

You registered to say that?

And the sampler usually includes a mix of unknowns with knowns. Last year's was 3 CD's and had Nevermore, Pyramaze, Redemption, Shadow Gallery, Dragonland, Theocracy, Beyond Twilight, Zero Hour, and some others that aren't unkowns.

Let me add that the Dorian tune is one of the tunes this year that has me the most hooked and is near the top on re-listens. Damn fine tune and I can't wait to hear more! I have the strong feeling Dorian will make a few nice waves with a debut album.

Upcoming shows...

Sep 14 2006 6:00P
ProgPower USA VII Atlanta, GA
Sep 15 2006 6:00P
Sep 16 2006 6:00P

lol.