Earache: Impending box Set

Carcassian

Utopian Blaster
Oct 6, 2005
The Fens
Apparently, as reported http://www.earache.com/news_stories/earache.html#earache_at_20 , Earache are going to release a six CD box set, though no more details are given.

Do you think that they will use this as a chance to show some rare (i.e. unreleased) stuff that they have in their vaults, or will it merely be a showcase of their admittedly jaw dropping back catalogue while ignoring the (general) dross that infests their current roster ? (Decapitated and Deicide, from my perspective anyway, excepted).

Is there really any chance for Earche to wield anything like the influence they once did, or did their foray into techno and associated nu-metal foolery forever bespoil their name in the conciousness of the metal masses ?

I'd like to see Heresy and Concrete Sox included in this box set.

and Earache already ruined their reputation by signing Adema.:puke:

Do you think that they will use this as a chance to show some rare (i.e. unreleased) stuff that they have in their vaults, or will it merely be a showcase of their admittedly jaw dropping back catalogue while ignoring the (general) dross that infests their current roster?

Remember the basic marketing rule of record labels:
catalog sampler = cheapo.
unreleased/oop collection = normal price.
So, over 100 tracks and when their catalog includes 115 bands, I think it's safe bet to say 1 song from each band.