Ebay fender guitar bodies

jangoux

May 9, 2006
I am looking for a Tele body and found a few original Fenders on Ebay. Anyone has ever bought them ? How can I know if they're really Fender bodies ?

Ivan

If it's from a seller who does a lot of bodies/necks you can be pretty sure it's legitimate. There are a lot of guys who just part out Strats/Teles and sell them as separates instead of the whole thing.

Jeff, There are a couple that I got interested. One of them is a fully loaded Tele Deluxe body, with those Fender widerange pickups for around $300, and the other is one of those new Fender Tele Blacktop (HH config), painted in silver. My only concern with those Fender bodies is that it looks fender is just doing alder on the newer guitars, and I've read constantly that Ash sounds better for what I want. Warmoth would be my 1st option (it will be for a neck, I guess), but the Ebay ones are a lot nearer my budget lol

Alder is Fender's main body wood for decades. Ash/swamp ash is the popular alternative they use on some models.

Really ? Okay, then. I think I can build a very nice guitar around $600 going this route.

Btw, a buddy just won an auction for a Telecaster Deluxe for $300. He's always finding sweet deal..he bought a Tokai dirt cheap a couple years ago and sold it for 3 times the price in Brazil :/