eBay Rip-off-age

Scissors61

Jul 18, 2007
Brighton, UK
www.myspace.com
I was just surfing on eBay looking for an xbox360, and I found this seller, selling 360s and PS3s for what seemed like pretty reasonable prices.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=110251760058&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

This one just went.

I was actually about to bid on one of 'em until I realised that it is all worded very cleverly but all you're actually receiving is a £280 package of 2 controlers and 2 games.

Clever how they've made the little listing pictures to look like slightly like the consoles, without actually definately saying that you're gonna get one of the consoles.

I've contacted the buyer of that specific one saying he should probably message the seller before sending payment, but it's fucked up that things like this happen.

Is there actually anything that could be done about people doing ridiculous shit like this?

Haha reminds me of a less hilarious version of the guy that sold the xbox360 BOX for like $900 when demand was huge before release, person thought they were getting a console but it was correctly worded to state box.

Sweet buttery bagel that's pure evil. Then again, its pure stupidity for someone not to contact the seller and ask specifics before paying any amount of money for anything. Thats a common practice even at fast food joints when the cashier reads your order back to you to make sure you know what you're getting.

:lol:

My douche bag guitarist tried some similar bullshit back in the day only it was an xbox360 email address or something like that. Started the bidding at .99 and of course it shot up to well over $300.

The funny thing about the auction was that in HUGE AS FUCK letters he put "YOU ARE NOT BIDDING ON A XBOX 360 THIS AUCTION IS FOR AN AUTHENTIC XBOX EMAIL ADRESS" or something as clear as that, he almost got away with that shit to.

How do we stop ripoffs? Reading fucking CAREFULLY.

You don't sign into a deal like this, or anything else that seems too good to be true (read: a health insurance plan that took you no work to find and has all the answers, Scientology, a political campaign), without knowing EXACTLY what you're getting into. You're asking to get fucked over and over again.

There was a thread about this a while back, with someone clearly saying that they were selling a Mesa Triple Rec wholesale list or something of the sort. Whoops. Yeah, the salesmen are probably dicks, but the buyer earned it as far as I'm concerned. No fucking free lunches, people.

Jeff