Ed Sheeran - All of the stars cover (Pop, Acoustic, Piano, SSD4, Zombass)

anotherpaul

Sep 17, 2012
Moscow, Russia
Last edited by a moderator:
Nicely done mate!
Performance is well done and the mix is suitable for the style. I'd perhaps work to open up the chorus a bit more, make it sound bigger and wider. A ride on the vocals and bass to come up a few dB at this point could work well.

I'd definitely be interested in the raw files if you're willing to share :)

That was a great performance!! really think you nailed the singer songwriter aesthetic. Drums were the only thing I could see that didn't blow me away (particularly the kick and the snare when it was left to bare in the mix) :)

How did you track the vocals, I wouldn't mind multitracks for something like this.

I used to write songs for him back in the day. This is like the only pic I could find of us together.
n3x55l.jpg

Thanks guys! I will upload raws in a day or two, with midi for drums and rendered piano and bass.
Meanwhile, any tips on how to fix the kick and snare? Drum hits in midi were deliberately made softer (about 80) to get relaxed feeling. Maybe that was wrong. I feel that acoustic guitar doesn't sit right in the mix and I have no idea what else to do with it.

To me they sound fine, but if it were to be changed to fit the mix better I'd probably work to bring in more of a compresssed room tone in with what you have here. It sounds good as is though quite "clean".