Eden's Fall: dark power metal meets US thrash

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Has anyone heard this new American band called Eden's Fall?

I just heard their debut album mixed by Dan Swanö and mastered by James Murphy. It must be great to have such names on your first album, but what's even better is the music on their debut.

Titled Harmony of Lies, this band evokes some old-school thrash metallers such as Overkill and Exodus, considering the fierce riffing and Blitz type of vocals. However, Eden's Fall plays a slower type of thrash if you will; some people may refer to them as dark power metal a la Enertia, Iced Earth, or Nevermore. No wankery or anything, they play dark music throughout with killer vocals and there is also song called "Bleed" where the singer reminds of me Warrel Dane circa Dreaming Neon Black.

Go check them out; they have a forum here. Also I reviewed their album at:

http://www.seaoftranquility.org/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=3239

Anyone else heard them?

NP: Eden's Fall - Harmony of Lies

They're definitely a good band. We (Mirror Black) played a couple shows with them and they're really cool guys too. The CD sounds really good and hiring known mixer and master...er? really payed off.

they're purty good... I saw them at Powerfest 2004.

By the way, Matt... how the hell did I not realize that your band = Mirror Black (until now)? :lol:

booB said:
By the way, Matt... how the hell did I not realize that your band = Mirror Black (until now)? :lol:

Because you're blind and didn't notice the massive Mirror Black logo in my profile for the last year? ;) durrr