Edensong for cd of the year...

TwizstedJesus

Mar 1, 2004
I searched the forum and there has been almost no mention of Edensong or their brilliant new disc, "Years in the Garden of Years". I bought this one on a whim from lasercd after reading some good things about it, and WoW am I glad I did!
It doesn't fall into the category of progressive metal, but it is definitely progressive. Melodic vocals, a conceptual theme throughout, a ton of flute, cello and other assortment of odd instruments along with the standard guitar bass etc...
I don't really know what to say about this disc. I've never really liked much prog-rock, sticking mainly by the metal scene, but this one grabbed me right away and i haven't stopped spinning it since! I'm placing it in 2016's top 5 discs of the year right alongside of Fates Warning, Neal Morse Last in Line & Evergrey. 6 weeks to go and I' m not sure how high of a ranking this will get. It may make it to #2! Its that good!
Do yourselves a favor. Give this a spin. If anything catches your fancy, spin it again. It grows on you and eats away at your soul.

EDENSONG - YEARS IN THE GARDEN OF YEARS ALBUM DETAILS REVEALED; TRAILER VIDEO STREAMING

edensongalbumaug.jpg

I saw them a few years ago at ProgDay and they were really good. I haven't really digested this one yet, but their previous album, The Fruit Fallen, was very good.