Edguys' "Hellfire Club" - Anyone else's copy skip?

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
My copy of "Hellfire Club" skips at around the 8:20 mark of "The Piper Never Dies". I've learned of at least one other person whose copy skips at this exact point in time. I was curious how wide-spread this issue may be. Thanks.

Zod

I've spun mine at least a dozen times since I got it from The End, at home and in the car...no problems here...

Do you have the US version without the bonus tracks, Euro version with the bonus songs or Euro without them (if there is one)? I have the Euro version with Children Of Steel and the other Mysteria version and I have no troubles.

Saw this posted by Matt on Edguys forum, apparently the entire US pressing of Hellfire Club is defective with that skip, and they are swapping the discs with new ones through individual retailers.

Once again, this just reemphasizes why I bought the European version from CDInzane. Not only 2 bonus tracks, but no skips

And by the way, STILL no promos from Nuclear Blast for the North American press. If I review this album, it will be the European version that I bought myself (also from CDInzane). :erk:

nightwish58 said:
This happened once before where a cd skipped???
No, we talked about this on another post. NuclearBlastUSA didn't put the Making of Video on the King of Fools EP released in the US, while they said nothing about it.

So the only way to see it was to get the European version

markgugs said:
Strange, I have the US pressing and I didn't notice any skips, though it's certainly possible I just missed it. How obvious is it Zod?
Right at the 8:20 mark of "The Piper Never Dies"? Yeah, it's not a huge deal, but I'm anal like that. I don't have a single CD in my collection that skips. And to have a CD skip the first friggin time I play it, kind of irks me.

Zod

General Zod said:
Right at the 8:20 mark of "The Piper Never Dies"? Yeah, it's not a huge deal, but I'm anal like that. I don't have a single CD in my collection that skips. And to have a CD skip the first friggin time I play it, kind of irks me.

Zod
I still have to check mine, but if it does, I'm with you Zod; I am so anal when it comes to my collection. You can't find a single mark on any of my cd's. It amazes me when I borrow a cd from a friend and the surface looks like they just had dinner off of it!

Hell, I wouldn't know if mine skips or not...I ordered it (and they charged my credit card for it) 2 1/2 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. Since this is the first time I've ordered from The End, I gotta say I'm not impressed with them. On the other hand, I placed an order with The Laser's Edge and got my disks 3 days later...now that's impressive.

:Smokin: