Effects

if u have money than go for the boss gt-3

if you don't want to spend to much than go for the zoom gfx8

i would actually buy seperate effects because the bandit produces a really nice distortion already so all you need is a couple individual pedals

Effects... fuck that.

All you need is distortion.

People who overuse effects are just trying to hide their lack of actual talent :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Trapped
Effects... fuck that.

All you need is distortion.

People who overuse effects are just trying to hide their lack of actual talent :rolleyes:

Or maybe effects can actaully add to the guitars sound, making a section of a song more interesting?

Effects can be a creative tool as well you know...

As for the answer to the original question...I have no idea. I'd go for individual effects though, since you've already got that kick-ass delay pedal.

Originally posted by Till Fjalls

Or maybe effects can actaully add to the guitars sound, making a section of a song more interesting?

Effects can be a creative tool as well you know...

As for the answer to the original question...I have no idea. I'd go for individual effects though, since you've already got that kick-ass delay pedal.
haha our bassist calls it "DJ in a box" I think you did too at one time

What sucks about that is they didn't give me a power supply with it and I can't use the one I had for my old Tech 4x that I had because when I sold it I had to give the power supply with it .. shitty deals .

So Im stuck using batteries ... :(

hmmm most of you say that I should go for individual effects .. well I have a sweet delay pedal (just nothing to power it) so what type of effects would you recommend .. have any favorites .. I want to add to my clean sound and boost my distortion a bit and perhaps some small effects for the little number of leads I do in my band ....

Originally posted by Till Fjalls
I've been using this unit a lot lately:
http://www.tcelectronic.com/products.asp?page=intro&id=34&category=1

It's definitely the best effects unit I've ever used. Everything sounds amazing, and there is total control over the effects. And it'll work excellet either live or for recording (it's a rackmount though).

I am not sure how much they cost, but I can safely say they're not cheap.

Nothing wrong with a rackmount but there is something wrong with a high price :p
I think I may try out some boss multi effects if possible(not many options in CB) but I may go to st. johns and try some out just too see what I like .. or maybe just take your guys advice and buy a boss

Originally posted by warsofwinter
Ok I just posted this on the off topic forum but wanted it here . What effects board should I buy .. I play a Mocking Bird B.C Rich N.J Series through a bandit ....

what would you recomend

Best bang for your buck is the Line 6 POD 2.0 or POD Pro. It emulates 32 amps (like Dual Rectifier, Soldano, etc) plus 16 cabinets and has integrated reverb, delay, flange, chorus, and wah. Great unit with great modeling technology.

I just use natural amp distortion and about 3.5-4 on the reverb for rhtythm. I crank the reverb for leads though, as it gives the tone room to breathe (and the sound of SPACE on the sound rules!). I will use chorus/reverb simultaneously on clean parts, though. And the occasional flanger to build tension on a repetative riff.