elastic audio not lining up after changed (small PT problem)

jman1986

Sep 24, 2009
hey guys i hope this is the correct form for this, but i am having a small problem with elastic audio, i don't remember why i did this but in pro tools when real drums are recorded in polyphonic, I disabeled it after done tracking and it changed the timing of the drums/guitars and bass, the guitars and bass play fine to the click but the drums are playing slower for some reason and it is only happening in certain sections of the songs. the timing is correct and then it's off for like 4 bars, then back on. i don't understand it. i tried enabeling the elastic audio back to polyphonic, but it is not changing back. any idea's to fix this?:err:

thanks!

If you edited, did you commit the changes, or just turn elastic audio off? You have to click to commit them if you turn it off, otherwise you lose it.

Also, that shit sucks. I never edit with elastic audio. Gives me artifacts all the time, and it's terrible for drums. You shouldn't edit drums with EA either way, as it can result in phase incoherency.

EDIT: wait, did you EDIT the drums, or just record to tracks with EA enabled?

I prefer EA nowadays. I choose rhythmic for drums/perc... Group all the tracks, crossfade all the punches, consolidate all the the punches/edits and then enable EA. Edit the entire track, then render them. I've always gotten stellar results.

Ok this is how i have to record drums because my machine is a piece, i track all the drums, do a basic mix volume balance and then record out of a drum bus to an audio track, then hide and disable all the drum tracks so all i have left is a stereo track of the drums. Then i record the rest of the instruments. well in a few of the songs the band members would be like (make this section like 5bpm's faster or whatever) so i did, then we recorded those parts at a faster tempo. Well after all recording is done and i make the original drum tracks active so that i can start to mix, well that original drum part is still 5bpm's slower and everything else is faster. So i'm kinda in a jam right now because i never ran into this problem before when i do this all the time. It's like a setting got changed or something.